Friday, June 8, 2012

My water broke!!!

Eek! It's time! It's time!

Last night at 2:30 I woke up and felt a small leak of fluids. I definitely wondered if it was my water breaking because it seemed unlikely that I would pee myself laying down and sleeping. However, when I went to the bathroom nothing else happened and I did have to pee, so I started doubting. Our birth class instructor had said if you're water is leaking it will keep happening, so I went back to bed to wait and see.

On the way back to bed I did have another tiny leak of fluid, so I changed my underwear and got in bed. I went back to sleep expecting contractions to start or more water to leak but nothing happened. I awoke again at 5:30 to pee, and after peeing felt more wetness. Was that still pee?? It was such a small amount - more like dampness and a small wet spot on my underwear - that I just wasn't sure.

I went back to sleep and woke at 7:30am, and again felt wetness when I went to the bathroom. I called labor and delivery and described what was happening, and they said to come in and get it checked, but as long as I felt the baby move I didn't need to rush. My husband went into work to wrap a couple things up, I showered,tidied up the house, and ate some cereal. During that time I experienced two larger gushes of fluid so I became fairly certain it was indeed my water!

We got to the hospital around 10:30am and they confirmed my water did break! We are having this baby!! I started dilated at a 2 with the cervix low and soft, but not effaced (still thick) Unfortunately I had not started contracting since my water broke, so I am essentially being induced to at least get things going hopefully. They inserted cervadil at 11:30am, and I did start having mild contractions pretty soon afterwards. Praying my body kicks in to gear and gets going! My hospital does not have a time limit per se on when the baby needs to be born after the water breaks, so at least we don't have that time pressure.

Soooo excited and thankful I can hardly stand it!!!

39 comments:

andreajennine said...

Oh! How exciting! Can't wait to "meet" your little one!

Amanda said...

Best wishes for a good labor! He'll be here before you know it!

beccasfamilyof5 said...

Wow! This is it!!! Best of luck and I can't wait until your next update. Happy laboring x

beccasfamilyof5 said...

Oh and though I wish you a very speedy birth, if you hang it out a little over 12 hours you will make one of your dream dates though this day is as good as any to be born xxxx

Deanna: Infertile Momma said...

So excited for you!!! Thinking of you and praying for a beautiful delivery!

Life Happens said...

So excited for you right now!! I hope you have a smooth delivery. We are all waiting to meet him!

Joyce said...

Yay!! Can't wait to read all about it :) praying for a quick and smooth delivery!

Tanya said...

Yea! So excited for you! I was thinking about you just a little while ago when I realized that tomorrow is going to be 6-9-12. :)

Melis.sa said...

Yay!! Congratulations!

Lory said...

How exciting!! Praying for a safe easy labor and delivery.
God is so good. Can't wait to see your precious gift from God.
<3

Hillary said...

What exciting news!! I pray for a happy healthy baby and an easy labor! Much love xoxox

Ami said...

So excited! So excited! So excited!! Prayers for a safe and happy birth for you and your little boy! Thanks for the update!

ceecee867 said...

Oh my gosh Hillary.... I was just about to leave work for the weekend, and SOMETHING told me to take a peek at your blog... I am so excited for you guys. Praying for a safe, quick delivery, and above all for a healthy, happy little boy !!!! God Bless you All.

Leah said...

YAY!!! So excited for you!

Melissa G said...

Oh Hillary, I am SO ridiculously excited for you!!!!

Praying everything goes smoothly and you have your little man in your arms in no time!

Can't wait to hear more!!!

xoxoxoxox!

Rosie said...

Hurray! Can't wait until your little guy is here and in your arms. Keep us posted :)

Mellow said...

So excited for you! Will be praying for a safe and easy delivery! Can't wait for you to hold your baby boy! :)

Carrie said...

YAY!!!!! Oh, I'm so excited for you! Sending prayers your way for a safe delivery and healthy baby boy!!!

Lindsey Dueck said...

Eeek! So exciting! Praying that everything goes smoothly for you!

Adrianne said...

Yay! Prayers for a safe and easy delivery! So happy for you and the you are finally going to meet your little blessing!

Mere said...

SO very excited for you! Can't wait to hear the news that he is here and in your arms.

mhdmom said...

oh my, oh my, oh my! So excited for you!!!! Best wishes for a healthy baby and healthy mama! Jenna

CorinnaVN said...

So wonderful!!! No matter what your birth story, there is no doubt that it will all be worth it once your boy is in your arms!
So many thoughts and prayers for you and your baby boy! Hope all goes great!
Can't wait to hear details!

K. said...

great news!! good luck!!!

Anonymous said...

Yay!! I am so excited for you! Have a safe delivery and I can't wait to hear that he is here! You have been waiting for this moment for a long time - cherish the time before he is here. After our own battle with infertility, I remember laying in the hospital bed, listening to my daughter's heartbeat over the monitor, and just enjoying the moment that labor was. I was so excited to meet her that when it came time to push it felt like labor was the easiest part of the whole process!! Blessings to you and your husband on this loved little miracle!!
Katie

Sarah said...

AHHH! So exciting :)

Jessica R said...

Ahhhhhhh it's time!! Can NOT wait to hear your good news! Praying for you, hubs, and baby. (can we guess name? I guess John.)

Barb said...

How exciting!!! Thinking of you! Praying everything goes smoothly!

Katherine said...

Good luck! So exciting!

Anna & Kirby said...

Yay... I can't wait to find out more! Good luck and I'm sending prayers your way!

:- ) said...

So excited for u! May God bless you with an easy labor and a very healthy baby :-)how cant wait to see pictures!

Liz said...

Oh congratulations! How exciting! I will be thinking of you & praying for a healthy & happy Mom & Baby.

Vi said...

Yay, great news- so soon he will be in your arms!!! Best of luck!!!

morganeh said...

Good luck! He's finally on his way!

A said...

SO excited for you! that is sort of how my labor began- water broke but no real appreciable contractions. a little bit of pitocin got things going and 3 hours later, here she was!! praying your labor goes smoothly, and that your little one is here soon!!! :) YAYYYY!!

Angela said...

Yay! Can't wait for the next update!

Melody said...

Whoo-hoo! Praying for you!!!!

Meg said...

Praying, sweet friend!

Anonymous said...

Praying for you! Can't wait for an update. I keep checking:)