Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Dream due dates and waiting

Today is the first of my "dream due dates" - 06.06.12....it's like 6+6=12. :) Since the day is half over and I feel zero labor symptoms, I don't think he's going to be born today (which is perfectly fine). Other dates I like are 06.09.12 (counting by 3's) and 06.12.12. I generally like the even dates before the 12th, too. I would definitely be happy if he came any day, but it's been fun to dream.

It's been a tougher week emotionally. Thanks for understanding that these last weeks of pregnancy are psychologically tough. I don't know why this last bit of waiting has made me feel crazy! To add the hormones and struggle with patience, my husband has also been working a lot. He has been part of a huge six month project that, of course, is ending this month and I have been nervous about the timing all along. He is planning to take 3 weeks off once the baby comes (which I am so thankful for!) and his work knows this, but he wants to plow through a ton of work before hand. We're trying to find balance and compromise, but it has made me extra emotional. I want the baby to come not only because I am excited to meet him, but also so I can have my husband back! It's just difficult timing. :(

But I rest in the knowledge that the Lord knew and planned the this amazing pregnancy, the timing of my husband's work project, and has already determined the date of our son's birth.

A prayer for our son today:
For you have been my hope, Sovereign Lord,
    my confidence since my youth.
From birth I have relied on you;
    you brought me forth from my mother’s womb.
    I will ever praise you.
I have become a sign to many;
    you are my strong refuge. 
Psalm 71:5-7


8 comments:

Allyson said...

Our brains think the same way. I'm due 8/14 and really want the baby born on 8/8/12 (8 is my favorite #) or 8/10/12. And if those don't work, I hope it's at least an even numbered day...

beccasfamilyof5 said...

I know this feeling well, my first son was born January 11th. My second son was due November 5th. I always laughed and said it would be so strange if he was born November 1st to give us a 1/11 and 11/1. And guess what?? Boy 2 WAS 4 days early. :)

11 seems to be the lucky number. First with the dates and then weights 6lb 11oz, 7lb 11oz but my third son broke the pattern being 9lb 2oz but he was born at 7.11am so he didn't miss out entirely. :)

Good luck with an arrival on one of your 2 other special days. x

Amber said...

I wanted Paisley to be born on 08-09-10 SOOO bad. And then I just wanted an even date, which I don't have a good reason for at all. But she picked 08-21. And it's perfect. :)

Cadie said...

I know exactly how you're feeling! It's torture the last couple weeks just waiting, knowing that it could be any day. I also wanted my babies to come on even days, and all three of them came on odd numbers! Go figure! I hope he comes soon for you. I am so happy for you and have been following your blog for a long time now. I can't wait to see him! Congratulations, and hang in there! He can't stay in there forever! :)

Anna & Kirby said...

I'm not sure if I've ever commented before, but I read your blog often. We are very close together in our pregnancy and I can relate to so many of your posts. THis one particular. It's funny how our minds work. We're due 6-20-12, which wouldn't be bad, but I want him to come early. So maybe 6-12-12... :)

Good luck... I'm looking out for the "he's here" post!

Bunny said...

I have been a lurker for literally years, but I just wanted to throw in my two cents about the whole growing impatient thing: a way you could think about it to work through the anticipation emotion is to think about how these are the last weeks you will get to have the truest, deepest, connection to your son. It's certainly something to be treasured and to revel in while you can, and perhaps will take the emotional edge off of waiting :)

kdactyl said...

Ahhh...dream birthdates.... my kids were both scheduled c-sections but neither was born in any fun time so we ended up with a 4-9-08 and 11-17-10...basically I had to pick a wednesday before my due date (my dr. does his sceduled surgeries on wednesdays). So they were both born on Wednesdays? :)
But hey...I say you have him today....cuz today (june 7th) is my birthday...and although 6-7-12 isn't all that exciting numerically....it is still a cool day. OH..and by the way...I am 6-7-67...which I have ALWAYS thought was pretty darn cool!
Hope you are enjoying your last days pregnant. From someone who will never do it again (afterall...I am 45 today and had two babies in just the past 4 years...I am done)...really enjoy these moments and commit them to memory....soooo much is about to happen....don't let this quiet joy get overshadowed. Many prayers for a speedy and safe deliver of your miracle boy.

Karaleen

The Swann's said...

hahahaha!!! I so do the same thing with numbers! I'm like always trying to find patterns, even when I was very young I did, but yet I am horrible at math?! :-) Praying for speedy delivery and recovery so that no extra worries when bonding with your baby boy!!