Friday, June 1, 2012

{38 weeks}

38 weeks

Size of baby: leek (approx. 19.75" and 6.8 lbs.)

Total Weight Gain: +35 lbs
Continuing symptoms: slight nose congestion, back ache if I stand too long, acid reflux (less this week!), aches, pains, and discomforts (especially while sleeping), infrequent but increasing Braxton hicks (experiencing more and sometimes I feel a little crampy with them!), charlie horse leg cramps at night, really tired, frequent urination, stretch marks, snoring, skin tags, hot
New symptoms this week: Numbness in my left hand at times (particularly my pinky)
Maternity Clothes: Still feel the most comfortable in dresses, but I did try to add some variety into my wardrobe and managed to squeeze into my maternity jeans...

Sleep: I haven't experienced any insomnia this week (yay!) and the acid reflux has decreased. However, I am getting up 2-3 times a night to go to the bathroom and am so stiff and sore. I feel like it takes me five minutes to roll over! And my sleep in general feels more restless. But I can't complain - I'm sleeping decent overall.
What I'm Eating: My appetite feels relatively normal.
Cravings: Yeah, still ice cream :)
Movement: I think he is big enough that I really can tell what body parts are where most of the time now. He pushes his bottom out of one side and stretches his legs out on the other and it feels so strong! His legs also kick upwards sometimes, too. He does flip from side to side, although tends to prefer keeping has back/ bottom on my right side more often.


Labor Signs:
He has dropped and is head down (yay!). I really think he dropped at 36 weeks and 2 days because his movements felt lower that day. I am also feeling some pressure, although I certainly don't feel like there is a bowling ball between my legs. I just feel heaviness. Experiencing more Braxton Hicks and even occasional crampiness. It's funny that this is the one time in life when cramps are good and exciting. :)


Special pregnancy moments: It's JUNE!! The month we have been waiting for!! I really was hoping to have a June baby, and since I can't go more than two weeks past my due date he will be born in June. It is currently the month of my baby's birth - eek! :)

Loving this "any day now" territory and all its hopeful anticipation! However, as my husband put it, we now feel like we're in a bit of a time warp now and he will never come. We've been waiting a LONG time for him (9 months or 4 years depending on how you count!), but these last few weeks look endless. We are praying we don't get impatient!

There were/ are quite a few pregnant women in my church expecting at the end of May through mid-June. As a friend put it, it feels like we were all lined up waiting for our turn to dive off of a diving board, and now suddenly I am nearing the front! So far, ALL of them have had their babies before their due date which is surprising to me. Part of me wonders if that leaves me to be the one to help the statistical odds and and go PAST my due date - oy! I know it doesn't exactly work like that, but seriously stop having your babies early! :) I think there is only one left who was ahead of me due June 9, and one due a couple days after me...

Counting down: 2 weeks until my due date, and 4 weeks (at most) until this boy is in my arms!

3 comments:

Life Happens said...

It just makes me smile to see your baby bump and the anticipation of baby's arrival!

Get ready for your lives to be changed forever...it's an incredible blessing. :)

Do I Have to Be a D.I.N.K.? said...

How exciting! The next couple weeks will go so fast!

Pez said...

I had the hand numbness. If you put your hand up over your head it helps it go away. My doctor tried to explain why and I really did not care, I just wanted the numbness to go away.

Pez