Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Nursery Tour!!

View from the doorway into the room. The bunting on the wall has messages from everybody who attended my shower written on the back, and my friend sewed that for me - so special! Another friend is letting us borrow the swing, and we already had the Ikea Poang chair. The little yellow chair was my mother in laws when she was a little girl, and then she passed it on to my husband when he was a little boy , and now she repainted it for our son! The wall sconce lamp is from Pottery Barn but the shade is from Ross.


The crib, mobile, and wall art. The quilt was made for us by my husband's aunt.
The view straight into the room.


Closet with curtains (sewn for me by a friend). A friend is letting us borrow the Moses basket.


Dresser/ changing table from Ikea.


Bookshelves from Ikea. One of the books is not like the others....and is my husband's contribution to our son's reading material :)


Shelves for toys, pacifiers, books, etc along with hamper, diaper basket, and trash can.


Love this print! From Etsy seller The Wheatfield.


Inspiration for the whole room! Also from The Wheatfield.




My husband's teddy bear from when he was a baby :)


Close up of the mobile from The Land of Nod.


A peak into the top drawer with diapers, burp cloths, bibs, baby care items, socks, and hats! Drawer dividers are from Bed, Bath, and Beyond.
Second drawer with onesies, shirts, pants, and sleepers. I know it's a lot, but I do have newborn and 0-3 months in there...and I got a huge box of hand me downs in the 0-3 month size....and I bought a few things....and we have received some adorable gifts... :)


Bottom drawer with shoes, sheets, and blankets.










24 comments:

Mellow said...

Adorable! I love this post! :)

Carrie said...

Tears of happiness for you! Having the nursery finished and just waiting for your baby is huge! I love how you decorated it!!!

Do I Have to Be a D.I.N.K.? said...

Good job! I love everything you did!

Rach said...

That is SO cute! I love the bunting idea. Looks like you are set!

Anonymous said...

Love, LOVE the colorful nursery. I am sure you will enjoy spending time in there with your little one. Enjoy these last few days!

AplusB said...

Lovely! We did the same thing with our closet and it worked great!

Life Happens said...

Beautiful nursery!!! Can't wait to see pictures of baby in it!

Becca said...

The door hanger really says it all! You can just tell that you put so much love into this room, and Oh!.. The fun you are fixing to witness!! Here in a couple of weeks you will be up in the middle of the night, nursing him in that corner chair and you will then know what real love and happiness feels like! I can't wait to read your posts from his newborn days.. :) thank you for sharing your journey with all of us!!

Oh and I really like how you put his bookshelves down low. Good thinking!!

Jessica R said...

Oh my goodness, SO SO CUTE!!! I love all of your choices. That room looks like it's straight out of a magazine!

I have the SAME Katie Daisy print (You Are My Sunshine) and it was the entire inspiration for my nursery as well, except that I took it in a girly direction. We have the same Ikea dresser for a changing table too (which we have never once used - we change diapers on the floor. They get wriggly fast!).

I can't wait to see pictures of him in there! Just looking at this post brings tears to my eyes. I am beyond thrilled that you have a nursery in your house and a 36+ weeker in your belly!

Liz said...

Wow! So beautiful!

Sarah B said...

Love it! So sweet and peaceful. And I love nurseries that are on the gender neutral side. What a lovely space!

Meg said...

Awwww . . . that's so sweet to let us have a peek into this room. It's hard to believe this is the same room you once described as bare and hard to walk by. Thank-you, sweet Lord, for the blessing of a nursery being filled with Your little miracle!

KC said...

Fabulous, you have a real knack for decorating. It is so personalized and warm!

Mandy said...

Absolutely precious!

Lindsey Dueck said...

Wow! It is beautiful! Love the wall colour, everything fits together so nicely.

I also have the "I was worth the wait" onsie on order from etsy!

Sarah said...

Beautiful! I especially love the etsy you are my sunshine picture :) Samantha's drawers were all nicely neat and organized like that at one point too. Now it's a mess from digging through stuff in a hurry when shes crying :)

kdactyl said...

I love everything about this room. It takes me back to when we were preparing the nursery for our first baby. I would just sit in there for hours dreaming and in awe that we were really going to have a baby. I'm so excited for you. You are so close. You will spend so many wonderful hours in this room.
Karaleen

aryanhwy said...

What a beautiful room!

(And, my goodness, someone else on Teh Interwebz has a copy of Sisper! Your husband has good taste. The first book Gwen had read to her was also of my husband's choosing: Modern C++ Design.)

Leah said...

The room turned out gorgeous!!! :)

Britney said...

beautiful! if only they always stayed this clean and neat! ; )

Anonymous said...

Just beautiful, can't wait to ee pictures of your son!
Jennifer
New York, NY

CorinnaVN said...

I (along with everybody else) are loving these exciting end-of-your-pregnancy posts!!! Your boy's room looks great, you look great, and I can't wait to share in your joy in the weeks to come!

Melody said...

I love the quilt your husband's Aunt made! That is so adorable.

andreajennine said...

Darling!