Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Anticipation

As my due date draws near, I definitely feel more emotional. Yes, there are more "hormonal" days lately (just ask my husband), but thankfully I hardly had any moodiness most of this pregnancy, so I think we'll survive these last few weeks. :)

But what I'm really referring to is the joyful, weepy anticipation I have been experiencing. The moments when I feel him move and realize he will be in my arms very soon, Lord willing. The moments I see a baby or birth scene on TV or in a movie and I bawl...because soon I will have my son.

The epitome of this was this past Sunday at church. As we sang the first song, another couple entered the sanctuary with their newborn. Her due date was only 3-ish weeks ahead of me, and in my mind I always thought once they had their little one we were next. And here they were, carrying her in her car seat. We're next. Almost immediately after seeing them, I cried. I didn't just get misty eyed - I had to wipe the tears from my face.

Tears of joy, anticipation, and extreme thankfulness.

13 comments:

Amber said...

Wow. Your due date has snuck up so quickly for me! I just glanced over at your countdown and got goosebumps!!! Super excited to see your little guy!!!

beccasfamilyof5 said...

I was like that with my boys and I was also teary to know the end of something so amazing was drawing to a close ready for the next chapter. Enjoy the last few days and all the very best with young mans arrival x

RMCarter said...

I may not always get to comment, but I am reading along, every single post! :) My heart races with excitement for you. I am also overwhelmed with joy because I know the beauty of what you are about to experience. Becoming a mom is like nothing else and when it happens after infertility, it is all the more sweet. I can't say it enough, I am so happy for you!

Jess said...

It really seems like yesterday that you were telling us you were pregnant!! I cannot believe in about three weeks you will have a beautiful little baby in your arms. Praise God! Such a miracle. <3

Words Like Swords said...

I'm so excited for you. And I still do that! My daughter is 3 months old now and every time I see someone with a new baby I kind of get shocked a little and think "Wow, I have that too now...". When for so long the sight made me cry, now it reminds me of my gorgeous girl. It's an absolutely amazing feeling, and I honestly don't think it will ever go away.
Good luck. You're SOOOO close!!

Betty Rubble said...

And you will cry again (and possibly shake so hard your hubby will fear you'll drop him) when they place him in your arms. The memory of holding Isaac for the first time STILL draws tears to my eyes!

mhdmom said...

I am so glad you are soaking up this precious time, it is truly the best! I can't wait for the "He's here!" post :)

Thinking of you!! Jenna

Rach said...

Everyday I am so happy for you!

Carrie said...

Sooooo excited for you! I'm always checking in to see if there is any news! It could happen any day now....actually any moment now! This baby boy is one lucky little guy! I have one request. If it is at all possible, could you do a quick post when you go into labor??? I would love to be thinking about you during that time!

andreajennine said...

can't wait for you to have your little one! my 2 month old is on my lap smiling at me right now; your boy will be doing the same before you know it!

Courtney said...

I stumbled upon your blog from another bloggers page. I love your story! I went back to the beginning and found myself reading the whole thing. God sure is good! Congratulations, I cannot wait until your sweet boy is here.

CorinnaVN said...

Even reading this post brings tears to my eyes! I have a 3 year old and a 16 month old and I still get teary eyed VERY quickly when I think about the miracle of motherhood, when I think back to my babies' birthdays, when I look back at pictures, and pretty much every time I watch a birth happen on a tv show... That means I still shed a lot of sentimental tears about my babies! :) As far as I'm concerned, it's my favorite reason for crying! :)

CorinnaVN said...

PS I'm SO happy for you! :)