Monday, May 21, 2012

36 week OB appointment

So thankful for another great appointment! I admit I was a little disappointed I didn't land in the ultrasound room since I was really hoping to know for certain his position, but I've already enjoyed more ultrasounds than most so I can't complain. :)

The biggest news to me is that he has dropped!! I did wonder because the places he moved and kicked felt different over the last couple days. However, I haven't been able to see a drop in my belly, I haven't been peeing more, and I don't feel any additional pressure down low so I didn't really expect it. But she felt an empty space at the top if my uterus, found the heart beat down low, and said I measured smaller this week because of the drop (measured at 34 weeks). I like hearing that my body is on track to hopefully do what it needs to do!

I also had the Group B strep test today and will get the results next week. She didn't do a cervical check (and I'm not sure if she typically does), and while I am of course curious it's probably just as well so I can't obsess over it. :) My doctor is out of town Sunday- Wednesday of next week so hopefully I don't go into labor in that window, but she said she didn't think I would.

I have started to feel a little crampy over the last 24 hours. Yesterday was a really busy day so maybe that's why, but I actually felt a tiny bit of pain during a few Braxton Hicks last night at church, and have felt a little crampy today. I told my doctor and she actually got excited and said that is my body getting ready for labor - yay!

I can't believe I am so close! This was the first of my weekly appointments!

10 comments:

Do I Have to Be a D.I.N.K.? said...

YAY for your body doing what it should be doing! It's getting close!

Carrie said...

I didn't get my cervix checked until 37 weeks. That's so exciting that he has dropped!!!!

Meg said...

Savor these last few days! That's wonderful that everything is still going perfectly!

Becca said...

I give him 2 more weeks. :) I think you will go into labor in your 38th week. :) you are definitely on track for an upcoming delivery!! Yay!!! Enjoy these last few weeks of quietness in your house. :) xoxo

Jessica R said...

Yay!!! I don't think I ever dropped either, but I did feel a lot of baby's hiccups in, well, my backside/bottom area... low down. You catch my drift. Weirdest feeling ever.

So close! Take it easy and enjoy these last few weeks. Every day he cooks means a bigger, healthier baby!

Jessica R said...

Oh, and cervical checks are zero fun. I wish I had turned them down. They basically tell you nothing but they hurt like crazy! Next time (if God blesses us with another baby), I will be declining all of them if I can!

Words Like Swords said...

You are so close! How exciting! I had my little one in February just 2 days further along than you and she is perfect with no NICU stay or anything. You're really in the home stretch!! Good luck!

ceecee867 said...

So excited for you :) I have loved following your journey here. You and your DH are going to be WONDERFUL parents.... and very soon, at that !!! God Bless you guys.

Mandy said...

Sooo close now Momma!! I can't wait to "meet" this little guy!

Mellow said...

Exciting! Happy for you! :)