Friday, May 11, 2012

{35 weeks}

35 weeks
Size of baby: honeydew melon (approx. 18" and 5.25 lbs.)

Total Weight Gain: +31 lbs
Continuing symptoms: slight nose congestion, back ache if I stand too long, acid reflux, aches, pains, and discomforts (especially while sleeping), infrequent but increasing Braxton hicks (less this week), charlie horse leg cramps at night, really tired, frequent urination, stretch marks, snoring
New symptoms this week: Skin tags! They may have been there before this week but I am suddenly noticing a few new skin tags. Moles too.
Maternity Clothes: Remember how I said I hate wearing a bra? I discovered the most wonderful type of bra this week - a bandeau! The one I got has soft cups so it gives some shape and keeps me from feeling too exposed. Plus, the weather has been warmer (and I have been running hotter, too) so this goes perfectly under tank tops - no bra straps AND it's like wearing an undershirt/ cami underneath without all the extra material. I also got a non-maternity maxi dress (in a larger size) that I LOVE and seriously want to want to wear everyday because it is so comfortable. :)

Sleep: Not too bad this week. Usually two, maybe three, trips to the bathroom per night and lots of tossing and turning. But only one night of acid reflux and insomnia, so I count it as a good week!
What I'm Eating: I tend to feel pretty hungry these days, but my stomach does not have much room and I feel too full really fast.
Cravings: Ice cream - doesn't  make me feel full! But I only had it once or twice this week...
Movement: He seemed to move a little less this week and/ or his movements were less dramatic. I bet he's running out of room in there!

Special pregnancy moments: 35/35!! (Thirty five weeks done, thirty-five days until my due date) When I say it like that I definitely feel like I am in the home stretch!

I had a great OB appointment this week. My doctor said if I went into labor now they would not try to stop it! However, I have had very few Braxton Hicks lately, which is funny after my hospital trip just before 32 weeks and the week following. I thought for sure I would just continue to have them in increasing amounts until I went into real labor, and now here I sit hardly having any and kind of wishing I were so that my body is starting to get ready for labor! Ha! Now I'm starting to think I'll be one of those people who goes past her due date. He hasn't dropped and I have no signs of impending labor...

The doctor also thinks he is still head down, but sometimes I still feel like his hiccups are up high, but then they are down low again (like last night). Not sure if he is still moving around or if I just don't know how to tell what is going on in there.

We finished our birth class series this week! It was actually a lot of fun to get to do that with my husband, and we agreed that it did make us feel more ready for labor. We also made a couple friends in the class. :)

My husband has been commenting lately how excited he is for our son's arrival. While we know one can never really be "ready" to have a child, we feel like we are ready for the next season of life to start! I also started training somebody to cover for me at work while I am on maternity leave...!

Counting down: 2 weeks until full term, 5 weeks until my due date, and 7 weeks (at most) until this boy is in my arms!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hillary,
So happy for you and your little blessing. Congratulations :)

Melissa

Jessica R said...

So thrilled for you! You look great! it's getting so close!

Let that boy cook as long as possible... I was anxious to have my baby here but she was two weeks late, and now I'm so glad. Late babies = bigger babies = better eaters = better sleepers!

Gina said...

Biggest congrats! You are almost there! Keep up the kick counts and eat a banana each night before bed to stop those pesky charlie horses ( they are caused by lack of potassium) :)

Gina said...

Biggest Congrats! You are almost there! Now until birth is a very important time to keep kick counts! :) Also, try eating a banana each night before bed to prevent those charlie horses. They are caused by a lack of potassium so a banana works miracles! :)