Friday, May 4, 2012

{34 weeks}

34 weeks
Size of baby: average cantaloupe (approx. 17.75" and 4.75 lbs.)

Total Weight Gain: +28 lbs
Continuing symptoms: slight nose congestion, back ache if I stand too long, acid reflux, aches, pains, and discomforts (especially while sleeping), infrequent but increasing Braxton hicks, charlie horse leg cramps at night, really tired, frequent urination, stretch mark, snoring
New symptoms this week: Not really a new symptom, but I just have to comment that my linea nigra now extends past my belly button and 3/4 of the way to my chest! Oh my?!?
Maternity Clothes: My maternity jeans feel tight. :( I wonder if I will even be able to wear them pretty soon!

Sleep: Continuing to be just ok but not terrible. A couple nights with insomnia this week, but there are enough decent nights that I feel pretty rested. Plus, I've just been laying around all week.
What I'm Eating: Nothing too special. Trying to get those veggies in :)
Cravings: Ice cream!
Movement: I really love these big third trimester rolls and movements!! This week a huge body part (I would guess his bottom part) jutted out really far one day - it was almost uncomfortable how hard he was pushing out! I have been a little obsessed with trying to figure out what position he is in based on movements and hiccups. However, once I think I have it figured out there is a movement somewhere else that totally throws off my guess....so either he is moving around to different positions still, or I just don't really know how to figure out what body part is what!

Special pregnancy moments: 34 weeks feels like another wonderful milestone - he is that much bigger and more mature, and I am that much closer to full term! The Braxton hicks were very, very mild this week, and I am not feeling too nervous about them or pre-term labor anymore. So thankful to be this far along!

And I am done with bedrest today - whoo-hoo!!! It wasn't too long to make me feel crazy, but I am thankful to be back to normal life!

Counting down: 3 weeks until full term, 6 weeks until my due date, and 8 weeks (at most) until this boy is in my arms!

9 comments:

Jessica R said...

Yay, another week finished! 34 weeks is GREAT. Stay in there, little man, but glad you've made it to 34 weeks! Not asking for specifics, but do y'all have a name in mind yet?

My linea nigra went from sternum to pubic bone. Still does, nine months later. Oh well :)

Melis.sa said...

I don't know if you noticed but it looks like he's sticking out some body part in your picture :) your bump isn't smooth, there's a little baby making his presence known.

The home stretch!! The last few weeks are always the hardest, I'm so excited for you to finally meet your boy!

Jennifer said...

Gap has some really nice yoga pants that go about halfway up your belly. You can wear them that way or fold them down. At the end of my pregnancy, they were the ONLY pants that didn't generally drive me crazy. Pants that fit earlier in pregnancy were too tight.

Katherine said...

You look great! Enjoy this time. Go on lots of dates with DH. Take lots of naps and do what you want to do. :)

Carrie said...

34 weeks is HUGE!!! You look great! I agree with Jennifer...yoga pants were the most comfy thing at the end of my pregnancy. You are almost there!!!!

One Who Understands said...

Your belly is just too cute! 34 weeks does feel like a huge milestone! It seems like you are so close to the finish line. So happy for you!

Barb said...

I can't believe your 34 weeks! You're getting so close! Glad to read you're done with bedrest :)

A Joyful Homemaker said...

Wow your almost to the end! :)

stillwaitingformysunshine said...

Wow! I've been gone a long time and am sosososo very happy to come back and see you are pregnant! I will continue to pray for you! sending much love!- Reena