Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Palm Sunday

This past Sunday at church was Palm Sunday, and our church did a special children's portion of the service. The children entered from the back and walked down the aisles to take their seat for a special Bible story at the front.

When they entered the sanctuary, the first few children were carrying large palm branches. As soon as I saw this, my eyes welled up with huge tears. There's just something about children worshipping Jesus that melts my heart.

I looked over at my husband, half embarrassed, as he saw me wipe away a tear, but I saw it in his eyes, too. "It gets me, too," he whispered to me. And then we both laughed at how the kids are probably just excited to carry a palm branch without understanding much of the significance. But in God's amazing and mysterious way it is still worship and it is beautiful.

"One of those excited kids could be our son in a few years," I whispered back as I wiped away another tear.

4 comments:

Amber said...

Totally understand!! When I was pg. the little kids went up to sing "I am a Promise"...I started crying so hard thinking some day that would be my little "promise" up there. I have NO idea how I'm going to NOT bawl my eyes out in a few years when he's up there!!

andreajennine said...

Beautiful little vignette...

Betty Rubble said...

Will be....not could be...and it will be beautiful!

Life Happens said...

What a sweet, tender moment. ;)