Friday, April 6, 2012

{30 weeks}

30 weeks

Size of baby: cabbage (approx. 15.7" and 2.75 lbs. - although I think our boy is longer and/or weighs more)

Total Weight Gain: +25 lbs
Continuing symptoms: slight nose congestion, back ache if I stand too long, acid reflux, aches, pains, and discomforts (especially while sleeping), infrequent but increasing Braxton hicks
New symptoms this week: Charlie horse leg cramps at night. Tired.
Maternity Clothes: I outgrew a maternity dress this week. I think it my belly were wider/ sticking out less I could still wear it, but the way my belly pulls out the dress makes it really tight in the back and too short in the front. Otherwise everything still fits but I have decided I hate tight clothes and will not even attempt a non-maternity shirt now (even if it is cut more like a maternity shirt).

Sleep: Not bad except for one night where the acid reflux was terrible and I had to sit up and take tums (I think I ate "too much" for dinner). Lots of flipping from side to side, but I got some decent (albeit interrupted) sleep. Feeling pretty tired, though.
What I'm Eating: I feel like I am getting full faster and my appetite has decreased (although I still like to eat!)
Cravings: Sweets
Movement: I had one day this week in which he seemed less active all day. The next day I felt a little under the weather, so maybe that was why? I did get a little nervous, but he passed the "kick count" and would move periodically. Within a couple days he seemed back to his normal active self.

Special pregnancy moments: We started our birth class this week! It was extra fun because my husband was almost as excited for it as I was. The first class was simply introducing ourselves to the others in the class, an overview of the birth process, watching a video of a birth, and doing some simple relaxation/ breathing exerciser. I have to admit my husband and I had a hard time taking the relaxing time very seriously and got a little giggly with each other...but I think we were discreet enough to not disturb others or be rude to the instructor. We are really looking forward to the weeks ahead, and this is another one of those, "I can't believe I am actually pregnant moments" that I am loving.

6 comments:

Amber said...

You look incredible! I'm thinking you should be a pregnancy model! :)

Bethany said...

I am so happy for you :) Enjoy these last few weeks with just you and your husband. I know you've been waiting forever for this little man, but trust me, cherish your time together because... before you know it, its gone! :) 10 weeks will FLY!

Melody said...

Hillary - swinging by to say Happy Easter. Praying for ya'll and can't believe how close you are!!!! Exciting!

Life Happens said...

Wow, just 10 weeks left (or sooner!). Your bump looks beautiful. :)

kim said...

First I have to apologize for being a blog slacker and just now realizing that YOU ARE HAVING A BABY!!! WOW!!!! God is so good. I am just thrilled to pieces for you!

teachertabby said...

You look amazing. Congratulations!!