Friday, March 16, 2012

{27 weeks}

27 weeks
Size of baby: cauliflower (approx. 14.5" and 2 lbs.)

Total Weight Gain: +18
Continuing symptoms: slight nose congestion, back ache if I stand too long, acid reflux.
New symptoms this week: General aches, pains, and discomfort...especially when I sleep, exert myself, or stand too long.
Maternity Clothes: Ready for some warmer weather to wear my warm weather clothes!

Sleep: Sleeping was much more difficult this week. I felt like I couldn't fall asleep because I was uncomfortable, and then woke up every hour with my hips aching and needing to roll over. I tried pillows and this pregnancy wedge that my husband got me but nothing was helping. (The wedge gets really good reviews and we liked that it was small since we share a double bed (and yes, you read that right...I've never wished we had a bigger bed until recently, haha!), but it just didn't seem to work for me). BUT I am happy to report that last night I got a pretty large body pillow and slept the best I have slept all week last night! It is coming with me when we go to our parents' houses this weekend, and anywhere else I go while pregnant!
What I'm Eating: I was quite hungry this week. Sometimes hunger comes on rather suddenly and I feel ravenous!
Cravings: Beef. My friend mentioned that she was craving beef, and it made me want a big juicy burger. It tasted so good! My husband and I thought we might share the burger and fries, but I decided I wanted my own and would take home any leftovers...but I ended up clearing the plate.
Movement: We went to the movies and saw Act of Valor last weekend. My husband was excited to see it, and although I try to avoid watching war movies because they make me too emotional and I can't handle the suspense, I decided we should go see it. I made it through by closing my eyes through much of the actions scenes, but overall it was pretty fun. Anyway, baby boy was very active during the movie, and we thought he started new rounds of kicking during intense gunfire scenes! My husband actually felt a little bad and said we may be scarring the poor boy, haha!

Special pregnancy moments: Third trimester!! Seriously, can you believe it?!? I know some professionals start the third trimester at 28 weeks, but others say 27 and I figure it makes sense because it's roughly 13 weeks in each trimester. I can't believe we are getting that much closer to meeting our boy!

A college friend of mine is pregnant and due 3.5 weeks before me, and she and her husband came up for the weekend. We had a lot of fun talking pregnancy and baby talk as couples. I also hosted a shower for her while she was here, and it felt so different to be pregnant at a shower rather than trying to just make it through without an emotional meltdown. I was thankful for a fun and special weekend!

4 comments:

Rach said...

Wow, 3rd trimester already! Sounds like everything is going so well. So funny about your husband thinking he was scaring the baby at the movie!

Mellow said...

You look fantastic! Congratulations making it to the 3rd trimester! He will be here before you know it. Enjoy these last 13 weeks. :)

Carrie said...

Yay for the 3rd trimester! I swear, your belly just gets cuter and cuter each week! Time is going to fly by now.

Anonymous said...

Wow third trimester! It's going so fast! You grew a lot this week! I envy your perfect preggo belly.