Friday, March 9, 2012

{26 weeks}

26 weeks
Size of baby: cucumber (approx. 14" and 1.75 lbs.)

Total Weight Gain: +17.5
Continuing symptoms: Round ligament pain, slight nose congestion, back ache if I stand too long, hard belly in morning
New symptoms this week: I was just telling a friend how great I feel with very few symptoms, aches, or pains! However, the very night I said that, I experienced some acid reflux (not painful...just nasty) and could NOT get comfortable in bed. And as I rolled over I felt like it was more difficult and my belly felt heavier. Maybe it was just a fluke or the start of the soon-to-come third trimester discomforts?
Maternity Clothes: Still feeling cute-pregnant :)

Sleep: I slept really, really well except for the last night of this week mentioned above.
What I'm Eating: Appetite has been pretty normal this week.
Cravings: None, felt like a normal week!
Movement: He is continuing to be an active boy in there and I can't help but tell him I love him when he starts to to move. I am continuing to feel kicks and punches, but I have also felt more rolling movements that are fun.

Special pregnancy moments: A number of friends have gotten to feel our boy move! My entire small group of high school girls took turns feeling him when we were at camp, and my friend K felt him move at homegroup. Also both of my in-laws have felt a kick! It's so fun to share the experience with others and see their faces light up when they feel him kick. :)

Also, we (mostly) finished the nursery this week and I love it!! It's definitely my favorite room in the house and I go in there all the time just because I love it. The only thing we have to do is hang the ceiling fan. Pictures to come soon, although I might wait until the ceiling fan is up so they are the "real" complete nursery pictures.

Less than 100 days until  my due date!

5 comments:

Life Happens said...

Hope the acid reflux gets better for you. Isn't it amazing to feel baby moving inside you?! Ahh, I miss it.

You look great! I'd say you're glowing, but I can't see your face, so I'll say your arms are glowing!

Have a great weekend!!

Melis.sa said...

You look great! I hope the reflux eases up or stops. I had it my 1st and 3rd trimesters when I was pregnant with Caroline :)

Mellow said...

Looking good, Hillary! So excited for you! :)

Britney said...

What an amazing journey God has paved for you!

Ami said...

Good for you! I totally think you hit the nail on the head-Your birth plan SHOULD be whatever brings YOU peace on that amazing day! Cannot wait for that day!! :)