Monday, February 27, 2012

OB appointment!

24 weeks 3 days
Aw, I got an ultrasound today!! And I got to see our boy's face! At our anatomy scan his face was hidden by my placenta. The image is still a little skeletal looking, but I think he is so cute! :) 

I left the office today feeling SO thankful and happy that everything is going smoothly with this pregnancy. Heart rate was 143, my cervix was really long (YAY!!), the fluid around the baby looked good, and blood pressure and weight were on track (at the office I was +18 lbs today). I am just so thankful my boy is growing well and my body is doing what it needs to do to keep him healthy in there!

During the ultrasound, I was amazed at how much bigger he is than at the anatomy scan at 18 weeks. She put the wand on one side of my belly and saw his head, and then moved it waaaay across to the other side and saw his feet. Then she went alllll the way up high and saw his back...it just seemed like a huge amount of surface area! My OB also commented that my belly really popped since she last saw me. :)

She asked if I was feeling movement and I said I definitely was. She told me I should be feeling it at least once a day at this point, and I had to laugh because if I only felt him move once I day I would be freaking out since he moves so much more than that. Even during the ultrasound the doctor sounded a little surprised because she felt him move a few times externally and kept commenting, "Wow, I felt that," and "I felt him again! He is active."

My OB also told me that the new wing of the hospital (that includes labor and delivery) opened this month and that it is beautiful! I have heard a lot of great things about the new building from others, too, and am excited to see it during our tour in April. It was crazy to think about the fact that I will (Lord willing) be giving birth there in +/- 15.5 weeks! Also, I have one more appointment in four weeks and then I start going in every two weeks - and I already scheduled the first two!

6 comments:

Randiocoy said...

aww!!! how perfect!! I am currently struggling with infertility. on our own TTC 5 years. with doctors help just over a year.... Your story is inspirational!

Rach said...

Everything sounds so great!

Melody said...

Yay for a great ultrasound and for a very active boy :)

RMCarter said...

Just can't tell you how happy I am for you!!!

Rachel DeBell said...

You get more ultrasounds than anyone I've ever seen! I wish they would do another for me tomorrow, but I doubt it. Instead I have the dumb glucose test. Glad you got to see your little boy again!!

Meg said...

He's just adorable! I bet you've looked at that little picture 100 times since you brought it home! Thanks for letting us see him!