Friday, February 24, 2012

{24 weeks}

24 weeks
Size of baby: ear of corn (approx. 12.5" and 1.25 lbs.)

Total Weight Gain: +15.5 lbs
Continuing symptoms: Round ligament pain, slight nose congestion, back ache if I stand too long
New symptoms this week: None pregnancy related. I do think I caught a small virus that caused some...uh... bathroom issues for 4 days and left me really exhausted. I took two naps - which I hadn't done since the first trimester. Thankfully I am feeling better.
Maternity Clothes: Looking forward to warmer weather to wear some of my tank tops and short sleeve maternity shirts (you know, going from 60 degrees to 75 degrees makes a big difference, haha)

Sleep: A little insomnia one or two nights this week....otherwise fine.
What I'm Eating: Continuing to feel hungrier but trying not to over do the eating. Loving Puffins Peanut Butter cereal in the mornings - I wake up hungry and can't wait to eat a bowl!
Cravings: Puffins. And chocolate malts. And ice cream. But I'm only eating Puffins. (And one chocolate malt this week).
Movement: He is still moving quite a bit but it hasn't seemed as frequent this week. However, every time I start to get nervous because I haven't felt him, he gives a few strong kicks. The movements are definitely much stronger!

Special pregnancy moments: VIABILITY!!! VIABILITY!! I have been counting down to the 24 week mark. I know there are no guarantees even still, but knowing that if something did happen and our boy was born he would have a chance at survival means so much to me. I am so thankful he is still growing away in my womb today. This week I heard about a friend of a friend who was a week behind me and lost her boy this week. I also read about people who lost their babies at 26 and 28 weeks - gah. These tragedies mixed with my own hyper awareness of the viability date approaching made my week more difficult and I struggled with fear. My boy seemed to be moving less, and I was having 'bathroom issues' that can also be considered early labor signs. But every time I wanted to freak out he would move vigorously, I would feel better physically, and I just prayed for God's peace. Needless to say I am SO thankful to be at the viability point and know that each day forward our boy is getting even bigger and stronger!


5 comments:

Life Happens said...

Yay for viability! It helps you breath a little better once you reach this milestone.

I'm sorry to hear about your friend's loss. It's extremely hard (and very emotional) to hear about those stories. I had to stop reading about them because it would cause me so much anxiety when I was pregnant.

I hope you have a fabulous weekend!

Melody said...

Hillary, you look adorable with your little belly expanding each week. So happy for the viability mark for ya'll. Prayed for your friend who lost her baby this week. I'm so sorry for that.

mhdmom said...

Wow, Hillary! You look great, there's definitely a baby in there :) So happy you have reached this point and wish you continued happiness and health... you are almost there!

Jenna

Carrie said...

You just look great!! Going into pre-term labor was always one of my biggest fears. I hated hearing about losses, too. It always made me so nervous. But, you just have to give up that fear to God and know He is in control. You need to do all you can to keep yourself healthy and happy, but other than that, it's all up to God.

Melissa G said...

Wow, look at that belly! SO adorable! You look fantastic. :)