Friday, February 3, 2012

{21 weeks}

21 weeks

Size of baby: banana (approx. 10.5" and 12.7 oz)

Total Weight Gain: +10 lbs
Continuing symptoms: Round ligament pain, slight nose congestion
New symptoms this week: It was a pretty uneventful week symptom-wise!
Maternity Clothes: I guess it's true with any wardrobe, but there are some of my maternity tops that I love and others just don't look that cute. Maybe I will fill them in more later and they will look cuter?

Sleep: I actually slept pretty well this week and my hips didn't ache as much when I woke up.
What I'm Eating: Still enjoying a glass of milk before bed and loving Mexican food.
Cravings: Refried beans!
Movement: All the time! I still don't really feel him when I am walking around or doing something, but I feel like he is an active little guy. I also think I started feeling him on my bladder this week. His movements don't make me have to pee or make me uncomfortable yet (he's probably still too small), but it's just a weird little twinge I have felt a couple times when my bladder was a little full.

Special pregnancy moments: As you know, I had already started putting together the nursery before I was even pregnant because we were adopting. After getting pregnant I just couldn't go in there. I think it was mostly part of the first-trimester anxiety, but I also think I needed some space from it to process the change of events that occurred so suddenly. Now I am going in the room all the time, and am getting excited to hang pictures and put the finishing touches on the room. I have also been sorting, washing, ans putting away clothes which has been so much fun!

7 comments:

Micha said...

Awww I love this post. Every time I read about your pregnancy I just feel so happy for you.

Anonymous said...

I haven't commented before, but have been a long time reader, and I just have to say, I am just so blessed every time I open up your blog and read about your sweet baby boy and your pregnancy. Wow, God is so good! I am still in awe of this awesome testimony He has given you and your husband! There are just no words! Even though we don't know each other in real life, I am just so excited for you, and pray for you and your baby all the time! God bless all three of you :)

~Hannah in CA

Rachel said...

It's hard to believe that you're already 21 weeks! Time flies... seems like you were just having your baby shower then finding about this miracle pregnancy!

A said...

it is so exciting to me to watch your belly grow! so happy for you :)

Rachel DeBell said...

Your belly looks fuller this week! :) And I wanna see pictures of your nursery!!

Debbie said...

I'm sorry if I am repeating this comment. But, when I was pregnant with my first, someone mentioned to me that she didn't feel much movement during the day (on her feet a lot at work), but felt more movement in the evening relaxing. She said that when you are walking around and active, it rocks the baby to sleep. Makes perfect sense! In addition, newborn infants sleep 17-21 hours a day. I'm sure it's just as much when they are in the womb. You look absolutely beautiful!

Anonymous said...

How neat is it to have such a jump start on your nursery? With so much of the main aspects thought out you can focus on the little details and then enjoy it until baby gets here. You are looking much fuller. God bless your growing family!