Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Celebrating our boy by shopping :)

After finding out we were having a boy, my mother in law and I went shopping to get a few special outfits. Like I said before, baby clothes are so much fun!


This first one we didn't buy - it was given to me by a dear friend. She had saved this little jacket as one of her sentimental pieces from her son and was waiting to give it to somebody special. It's sized 18-24 months so it will be awhile until he can wear it, but isn't it just darling?! It's hard to tell in the picture but it is seersucker.


This little outfit we found at a store called Naartjie. We just happened to walk by this store and at first assumed it would be a really expensive boutique store. But we were pleasantly surprised to find really cute clothes on clearance with an additional 40% off - I think we got this for $8! :)


This one was another fun purchase from Naartjie! I love rugby stripes!


Love the froggy feet on the little pants!



Love the sneaker feet and whale!

This is part of the same set as the previous one, but I love the whale sleeper, too.


A friend already gave me a bin of boy clothes. It's funny because she thought she had already passed along all of her baby clothes, but when they re-organized their garage recently she found one more bin. The items are mostly 3-6 month size, so I now have a LOT of those. I have heard from other friends that people in church will pass on baby clothes and you end up with way more than you need, so I am going to try to resist buying anything else....but it might be hard :)

11 comments:

Melis.sa said...

SO sweet!!

E was the 9th girl on my dh's side so all of his sisters gave me their stuff. I seriously had WAY more than I needed for 0-12 months :) But now I will pass it all on to my friends :)

Meg said...

And all of the old ladies in the church will give you a blanket. Your little bitty will have about 40 blankets. Don't buy any of those!

andreajennine said...

Oh. my. word. That blazer is just about the cutest piece of boy clothing ever! You're going to have so much fun dressing your boy. I'm going through all B's old things right now to figure out what we can reuse for baby girl, and I'm melting all over again at some of the sweet baby boy stuff.

Carrie said...

LOVE the second outfit with the suspenders!! No doubt about it...there are TONS of cute baby girl things, but I have found that there are a lot more cute baby boy clothes than I thought! It's great you have some nice hand-me-downs especially in bigger sizes. You can say you aren't going to buy anymore baby clothes, but you'll be out and about and won't be able to resist :) Oh, and I agree with Meg...do not buy any blankets...people will give you a TON!

Sarah said...

Cute stuff!! :) Isnt it so fun shopping for our babies?? :)

Betty Rubble said...

You will LOVE the 1 piece rugby type outfits. Isaac is 4 months old now and lives in them! Oh, and don't forget the first pair of jeans! Those are too cute!!!

Life Happens said...

Even when you are given lots of cute clothes, it's hard to resist buying more! I find that I buy more 'Sunday' clothes for Matthew. And when he was first born, I bought lots of cute hats. Now he refuses to keep a hat on his head!

Rebekah said...

Love them all!! We have the whale/sneaker outfit. It is so adorable. I have been soooo behind on my blog reading and am just in tears catching up on you! This little guy has NO IDEA how loved and wanted he is! Congrats, sweetie :) (And by the way, little boys are fantastic!!)

Debbie said...

They make super cute socks that look like tennis shoes for boys. AS cute as they are, shoes on a baby are just not practical. I loved these socks, and was sad when my son grew and I had to put ACTUAL shoes on him.

Anonymous said...

I agree with the commenter who said you will love the rugby type outfits. I tried the little jeans on my infant twin boys but they felt stiff and uncomfortable even if they were the cutest ever. The one piece outfits were my favorite for all 3 of my boys and also my girl(hers where girlie of course). I loved the ones with the polo type collar. You are going to love getting up in the morning and choosing his outfit. And then choosing a fresh one when he either spits up or blows out a diaper, haha! I love hearing the excitement in your posts. I am so glad you have felt well and are able to enjoy every step of the pregnancy. What a blessing!!

Lindsey Dueck said...

SUPER CUTE! I love it all!