Sunday, January 15, 2012

Another joy!

In the last few days I have been feeling the baby a lot more frequently and with more intensity. I have loved it and had started getting excited for my husband to feel the baby, too, but had read that was more common from weeks 20-24. (I'm only 18 weeks).

However, we were laying in bed reading our Bibles this morning, and the baby was super active and some of the kicks felt quite strong. I put my husband's hand on my belly thinking there was a small chance he would feel him, too. Almost right away there was a strong kick, and I looked over at my husband to see if he had felt it.

Before I could even ask, his eyes were wide as saucers and he had pulled his hand away as though he had touched something hot! I think he was a little freaked out to feel our little guy. :). Like with many other experiences in this pregnancy, I got teary eyed with joy and wonder at this blessing. We are so thankful.

8 comments:

Sara S said...

Its such an amazing experience when you're able to feel your baby move, and then to have your husband feel the baby, its even more than that.

Good Naija Girl said...

Oh this is wonderful. God wants you to know that this boy is just so eager to meet you!

Rach said...

That is so awesome! Super excited for you guys.

The Swann's said...

Now he won't be able to keep his hands off you! :-)

Carrie said...

There is just nothing better!

Rachel DeBell said...

Wow! I am just now (as of yesterday) starting to feel some pulling. It was only for a few minutes though. DH swears he can hear movement though if my digestive system is quiet. Not sure. I can't wait to feel more, but I have more meat and fat on my body, so I think it might be a little longer before I can actually feel alot of activity!

Veronique said...

I just LOVE reading about your pregnancy! I remember the first time my husband felt our first child kick.. It was amazing. Feeling a baby move inside you does not get old.. I`ve been pregnant 4x and enjoyed each of my pregnancies. May God bless you and your little one.

Veronique
http://lifeasaluce.blogspot.com/

Britney said...

SO happy for you!