Friday, January 27, 2012

{20 weeks}

Twenty weeks! Half way! How is it even possible?! So thankful!

20 weeks
**The belly is certainly growing...!! :)

Size of baby: small cantaloupe (approx. 6.5" and 10.6 oz.)

Total Weight Gain: +9 lb
Continuing symptoms: Round ligament pain (a lot more!) and weakened immune system (hence getting the third cold I have had in the last 15 weeks)
New symptoms this week: It's not really "new" because it's round ligament pain, but there was one day where it was just so bad this week! I think it was after sitting in an uncomfortable chair at the hospital all day visiting my father-in-law. 
Maternity Clothes: I tried on a few of my non-maternity clothes to see what still fits and loved finding a few more things that look cute with my belly! There are other non-maternity things that I can wear, but I don't want to because the belly is less defined and I feel like I just look fat.

Sleep: I think I am starting to feel more uncomfortable when I sleep, and I wake up with my hip feeling sore. I also felt really hot and sweaty during a few nights this week. The past two nights I think I had insomnia, because I went to bed feeling really tired but I just couldn't fall asleep. I'm not totally sure if this is a pregnancy thing, due to my cold, or what...
What I'm Eating: Normal eating habits
Cravings: I made a pan of brownies for my husband's small group and they didn't eat them all...but they have been slowly disappearing this week :)
Movement: I can't even say how much I am loving feeling the baby move! He is definitely getting stronger, and I am noticing the movement more even if I am sitting down (not just lying down). Last night he was really going crazy in there and my husband and I loved watching/ feeling him together.

Special pregnancy moments: We have never had a nickname for the baby, but lately I have loved referring to him as "our boy" when I'm talking to my husband, or "my boy" if I'm thinking about him or talking to the baby by myself. My husband continues to marvel at my growing belly and keeps calling it "beautiful" in an awed tone of voice. :)

I also got my second stranger comment - but first one to me directly - this week. I was picking up a prescription for my husband, and the pharmacist pulled out a few mini peanut butter cups and gave me three and said one was for me, one for my husband, and one for the baby.

And I'm half way!! The first trimester dragged by so slowly, but the second is flying by so far. My friend had her baby this week and I went to the hospital to visit, and it made me that much more excited to meet our boy, see his personality and what he looks like, and get to hold him in my arms. I am loving being pregnant so far, but it is exciting to know that I am halfway there to meeting our boy!

11 comments:

Dawn said...

Happy half way point!!!!

Kelli said...

You.Are.Adorable.

20 down, 20 to go! Woot!

Life Happens said...

Yay for 20 weeks!! Half way there!!

Rach said...

Wow, halfway already! Awesome.

kim said...

yaya! half way!

andreajennine said...

Woo hoo for half-way! If you keep getting the hip soreness at night, try sleeping with a pillow between your knees (if you're a side-sleeper). That helps me a lot! I also sleep with a pillow between my arms, or else one of my arms always falls asleep. Pregnancy can be so weird!

Melody said...

You look so cute....you and your little canteloupe belly :)

The Swann's said...

YAY for half way!!!! :-) Love the belly pics!

Anonymous said...

I would definitely recommend a body pillow for the sore hips. My husband always complained the bed was too crowded when I was pregnant but my hips ached without one. Plus folded in half it made a nice soft back rest for those frequent night time nursing sessions. Congrats on the halfway point! Blessings!!

Christy said...

I love the belly pictures!

Bethany said...

I second the body pillow - amazing for pregnancy!!
You are popping so much now!