Friday, January 13, 2012

{18 weeks}

18 weeks
**I love looking more and more pregnant each week! I'm sure there will be a point that I just feel huge and uncomfortable, but I am loving it right now :)

Size of baby: a sweet potato (approx. 5.6" and 6.7 oz. - although at my ultrasound he weighed about 9 oz.!)

Total Weight Gain: +8 lb
Continuing symptoms: Round ligament pain ( a lot more!), br.east enlargement
New symptoms this week: mild nose congestion and snoring
Maternity Clothes: Wearing more maternity shirts this week - I just feel so much cuter and pregnant in them!

Sleep: Sleeping well.
What I'm Eating: Normal eating habits. I feel less hungry now than a few weeks ago, although the books say this is when you typically feel ravenous.
Cravings: I am really into homemade tacos the past two weeks (crunchy shell, ground beef with taco seasoning, refried beans, sour cream, cheese, and tomatoes - yum!)....we have had it 1-2 times per week!
Movement: YES!! I now feel certain that what I felt last week was indeed movement. Near the end of this week the movement felt more pronounced and frequent, although I still need to be lying or sitting down and quite still to notice it. Love it!!

Special pregnancy moments: Seeing my little guy for a nice, long, and thorough ultrasound! Seeing our healthy boy was such an amazing day - I couldn't stop smiling all day. My husband and I laid facing each other that night dreaming about life with a little boy and it was such a sweet time. Feeling movement more has also been a joy (and reassurance!). Buying some boy outfits to celebrate - baby clothes are seriously so.much.fun.

12 comments:

Melissa G said...

Yay, you look so cute! Congrats again on your boy.

P.S. Even when I was huge and uncomfortable I loved my belly and being pg. :)

A said...

i am so excited for you and your little boy :) and i agree with melissa G- i loved every minute, even when i was huge :)

andreajennine said...

Yay for movement!

Carrie said...

I love your baby bump! I can tell you are going to have the cutest, roundest belly! Maternity clothes are so cute now...I feel like my belly is my accessory and I love dressing it up! Oh, the snoring and congestion....that just gets worse :) YAY for feeling baby boy move...that just gets better!!

jeanna said...

You have popped!! You look great!!!

Rach said...

Looking fantastic and it sounds like everything is going picture perfect! I agree baby clothes are so fun! Avalyn has way too many!

RMCarter said...

You look adorable!!!

Infertile Mormon Mommy said...

I love your cute bump!

mhdmom said...

You look great, congratulations!!

Sara S said...

Congrats! You look great!

Anna & Kirby said...

I've been reading your blog for a few weeks now because we are so close in our pregnancy. I'll be 18 weeks on Wednesday.

You look great!

LC said...

Yay! I'm just catching up on blogs and what a wonderful surprise to find you VERY pregnant! Congratulations on your baby boy. XOXO