Thursday, December 8, 2011

Appointment today!

So very thankful to report that the baby looked wonderful at my appointment this afternoon! I did have an ultrasound (yay!) but she forgot to print the picture and I forgot to ask (boo!)....but the baby looked so much bigger and just plain perfect. :) Heart rate was 154bpm and the arms and legs were moving around. I felt like such a big girl because the ultrasound was over my stomach this time!

I am really having a baby...! Wow. Thank you, Lord, for this precious gift!

I was a little crampier in the last few days leading up to the appointment, and I think the general pre-appointment jitters were making me hyper aware of it. But last night I woke up during the night and put my hand on my stomach, expecting it to feel flabbier than usual but still pretty flat when I am laying down like it has. But as I ran my hand over my stomach I felt a small bulge and got so excited I couldn't go back to sleep. It felt like confirmation that the baby is growing and helped me to be calm today leading up to the appointment.

I even scheduled the anatomy scan - on January 23rd we should know if this baby is a boy or girl! :)

16 comments:

Sarah said...

Yay for a great appt! Isnt it wonderful to get a normal belly scan? :)

Meg said...

I think it will be a boy.

Dawn said...

Yay! Great news! So happy for you!

Tami said...

SOOOO happy for you!!! 12 weeks is a huge milestone! :)

jeanna said...

Praise God! He is so good and amazing! I love this for you!! Reminds me on a very difficult day that God does answer prayers! Can't wait to hear what this little one will be!

Sara said...

Yay! That's so exciting!

mhdmom said...

Such wonderful news! What a blessing this baby is, so happy for you. -Jenna

Jessica R said...

Yaaaaaay, so exciting! I've been refreshing all day waiting for this update! So thrilled for you. Praise God, for He is good!

Jummy said...

Every entry you write makes me happy for you. Thank God for this milestone!

Rachel DeBell said...

A big girl scan huh? hahaha! that made me laugh. I haven't had one of those yet. So excited for you. Are you in maternity pants yet. I think I am having to make the switch this week. Everything is just getting too uncomfortable.

Carrie said...

That is just awesome!! I remember the first time I got to have an ultrasound where it was on my stomach...BIG DEAL!!!! Can't wait for January 23!!!! I think you should add a poll to your blog so that we can all take a guess :)

Rachel said...

YAY! Glad your apt went well. Isn't it awesome when it all starts to feel real? Congrats! :)

Infertile Mormon Mommy said...

Hey! I gave you an award on my blog today! :)

kdactyl said...

I am beyond thrilled how all of this has unfolded for you. Congrats on a wonderful checkup...have fun spreading the news. That was my favorite part of my pregnancies!

Jem said...

Not having to take your pants off during an u/s is the BEST! I'm so glad the appointment went well and baby was waving and happy! Yes, you are really pregnant! for real!

Sanders said...

praising God with you! i've been following your story for a few months and so excited for you. as a fellow "infertile" (secondary), i can understand and appreciate all of this. we have one darling little girl here and 2 in heaven and are hoping any day for another miracle. i can FULLY relate! blessings, sis and know I'm praying for you! keep those updates coming!