Friday, December 30, 2011

{16 weeks}

16 weeks

16 weeks - first maternity outfit I wore (actually wore it at 15 weeks 3 days)
**My husband keeps commenting on the belly this week - it's starting to get very real and noticeable! :)


Size of baby: avocado (4.6" and 3.5 oz)

Total Weight Gain: +4.5 lb
Continuing symptoms: Round ligament pain, br.east enlargement, feeling hungry but then really full quickly, indigestion if my clothes are too tight
New symptoms this week: Dizziness
Maternity Clothes: I received some maternity clothes for Christmas, so I wore my jeans and a shirt the day after (outfit pictured above). I can still wear most of my non-maternity shirts, but it was fun to put it on and I think it accentuated the pregnant belly a little more. I even got my first stranger comment (kind of)! We were at a bagel shop with our in-laws, who are regulars at this place. I was drinking decaf coffee and they were out, so my mother in law went to the counter to see if they had some brewing. The man behind the counter filled my cup, and my mother in law double checked that it was decaf. He responded by saying he made sure it was because he sees we have a little one of the way. :)

Sleep: Sleeping well.
What I'm Eating: Normal eating habits. This week felt a little off because of traveling and being at family members' houses, so I couldn't eat like I normally do. This resulted in some moments of getting really hungry and weak feeling, but then when I would finally eat I got full way too fast and felt uncomfortable. One particularly heavy meal the day after Christmas did not sit right with me and I almost wished I could just throw it up (but I wasn't nauseous).
Cravings: Nothing in particular.
Movement: Not yet but looking forward to it!

Special pregnancy moments: Wearing pregnancy clothes for the first time and having a stranger notice my pregnancy. Anticipating Christmas next year and imagining our 6 month old. My husband noticing my growing belly and constantly touching it when we are at home. Signing up for a birth class (Me?! Giving birth?! It is still surreal most of the time).

8 comments:

Andrea said...

Oh how adorable that bump is! ENJOY every second, it goes by so fast :)

Continued Blessings in the new year!

Mandy said...

Your bump is so noticable now!!

thesenyardpress said...

When I opened up blogger on my iPhone to check for any new posts today.. I saw this picture of you and immediately said out loud "awww... She's getting so big!" lol

You really ARE starting to *pop* out there! I have a friend IRL who is about the same height/stature/weight as you are and by the end of her 40 weeks.. She seriously looked like she had a little beach ball tucked under her shirt. I am imagining you will look about the same! So cute!!

Oh and I didn't get a chance to comment on the last post, but for what it's worth I am going to guess BOY! Just because of your lack of morning (any) sickness. : )


Gods blessings!

Melis.sa said...

Seriously, your bump is so cute!! That had to be so sweet, the stranger with the decaf coffee:) HOw exciting!! Your entire life is going to change in a few short months! So, so happy for you guys :)

Carrie said...

It is so exciting when you get to start wearing maternity clothes!! I had a similar experience with my first stranger noticing my bump when I was around 16 weeks. I was walking into Starbucks and a man held the door and said, "Come on in, both of you." Made me smile :) Your bump is so cute!!

Life Happens said...

What a darling little bump!! You will have an amazing Christmas in 2012 with your baby!!

We just celebrated our first christmas with our little guy and it was just perfect because we were together as a family.

Happy new year!

Infertile Mormon Mommy said...

Look at that cute bump! You are adorable! Happy New Year Mama! :D

Jenny H said...

Oh I just love your baby bump! And yes it's YOURS!!!! What a wonderful year 2012 will be for you guys! Can't wait until you feel that little one move! So happy for you guys! Happy New Year!