Friday, December 2, 2011

{12 weeks!} {12 weeks!}

12 weeks
I do feel like I am starting to "show"! Not to the extent that anybody who doesn't know me would notice, and even those that do know me haven't noticed, but *I* notice. :) I think it completely depends on what I wear, too, and I don't wear super tight clothes generally.


12 weeks
This picture shows how completely non-pregnant I look with normal clothes on. But even when I wear that shirt I can just tell how much tighter it is around the stomach!

Size of baby: plum (2.1" and .49 oz)


Total Weight Gain: +5 (!)  I think. I am looking forward to making sure my scale is correct at my doctor's appointment this week, but I am a little shocked that I have gained more than the 2-4 lbs. recommended in the first trimester. I counted calories for a couple days this week after realizing that I may have gained 5 lbs., and I don't think I have been eating more than I should be on a day to day basis (I'm sure there are days I do, though, but I had those pre-pregnancy, too!).
Continuing symptoms: gassy, br.east tenderness (even less this week) & enlargement, tired,  indigestion, and heartburn.
New symptoms this week: None - the heart burn seemed to be a little worse, but otherwise it was a fairly symptom-free week.

Sleep: Sleeping well. I had one night where I woke up at 4:00am and couldn't fall back asleep for awhile....not sure if that is pregnancy related or not.
What I'm Eating: Eating normally overall. I started drinking a glass of milk before bed that always tastes really good and helps me from feeling starving during the night.  I can't really figure out what triggers my heart burn - both times this week when I had it really bad I had eaten a pumpkin black bean soup that I had made, but I had also been starving before I ate the soup. I'm wondering if it was something in that recipe or just the eating on a stomach that is too empty...
Cravings: None.

Special pregnancy moments:  TWELVE WEEKS!! 12 weeks!! I know there are multiple ways of calculating the end of the first trimester, but usually I read that the most miscarriages happen in the first 12 weeks....so I think that's a good reason to call phase one done. :) I am so thankful, happy, humbled, and shocked to be here at 12 weeks. Twelve weeks! It seemed so very far away after first finding out I was pregnant and facing so much anxiety, but these last few weeks feel like they have gone by quickly. I have my next appointment this Thursday, and after I receive the confirmation that the baby is still doing well we will openly share the news of this miracle - I can't wait!! Thank you, Lord!

18 comments:

Mellow said...

Congratulations! 12 weeks is a really big deal! :)

Sarah said...

Happy 12 weeks to you!

Mimi said...

That is so awesome Hillary! I have ONE MORE WEEK to get to 12!! I continue to share your joy, your awe, and your thankfullness!! Unless you have experienced the pain of infertility, you just have no idea!!

Happy 12 weeks!!!

Mandy

Vaso said...

I can't even express how happy I am for you!!!!

thesenyardpress said...

YAY HILLARY!!!! 12 weeks is HUGE! I remember when I made it there myself!! Before you know it... Your child will be sitting on your lap sharing froot loops with you too. Lol. Because it seems like just yesterday that I was in Your shoes!

Do u get to have an u/s on Thirsday?!? Oh I hope so!!!

Xoxoxo

Tami said...

12 weeks is a HUGE milestone! Wohooo! I am loving this journey of yours. So very happy for you!!! :)

Melody said...

You're so stinkin' cute and when you get all big bellied prego you're going to still be too cute. So happy for ya'll. And so thankful for the 12 week mark. I know it's a huge relief. Still praying for your pregnancy.

Sara said...

Congrats on the 12 week mark! It's so exciting to watch the weeks go by! New follower!

Sara

mommysummers.blogspot.com

Meg said...

It'll be fun to openly share with the world what the Lord has done! I hope you get new pictures of your little one this next week.

andreajennine said...

Happy 12 weeks! And try not to worry about the weight gain. I think those recommendations can be way off. I gained close to 40lbs, I think, and I didn't even go full term. And a good friend of mine (who's petite to start) gains 60-70 lbs every pregnancy, but always loses it all quickly. Everybody's different.

Life Happens said...

What a huge milestone! You have the tiniest bump.

I hope the hearburn gets better. I use to drink (chocolate) milk before bedtime when I was pregnant too!

aliciamarie911 said...

So cute! The first picture looks as though you're "showing" more than the second.

Lindsey said...

Yay! Happy 12 weeks!

PS - I love that room you take your pictures in. It looks so airy and relaxing!

Melis.sa said...

Happy 12 weeks!!

Rach said...

Wow, 12 weeks already. Sounds like things are going pretty smooth so far!

Adriane said...

Yay!!! This is soooooo exciting!

Jenny H said...

Congrats on your 12 week mark! love the lil bump too!

Jenifer Hope said...

Hilary,

I have been MIA this year raising my IVF twins, but just caught up with your blog. I am crying with joy for your gifts! God is good and no one deserves this more than you! I am so happy for you. So much that this is making me think I need to trust in god more. Bless you, your little bean, and your husband!