Thursday, November 10, 2011

Joy!

Oh, Joy!

As the days tick by and I move further along through the first trimester, my anxiety has continued to decrease and has been replaced by tremendous joy. Joy that there is a life growing inside of me (although it is still difficult to believe many days), joy that God has given us this gift that we don't deserve, and joy that I am experiencing pregnancy like I had always dreamed. I am so thankful.

I also "feel" more pregnant these days. My symptoms are still minimal and I can go a couple of days with almost none, but my body certainly feels different. My br.easts are fuller, and my pooch feels bigger. At night sometimes my abdomen feels huge (to me), and I generally feel some heaviness down there.

While my lack of morning sickness increased my anxiety earlier on, I am now very thankful that I feel as well as I do and am counting myself blessed! Instead of food aversions and vomiting, I have moments (and sometimes days) of extreme hunger. I do not have particular food cravings, but a sudden need-to-eat-right-this-second feeling that, if not satisfied, can make feel rather yucky...not nauseous, but just yucky. I must confess to a McDonald's run for a second lunch of a small fry and a 4 piece chicken nugget the other day! However, yesterday I was utterly starving for dinner, wolfed down a burrito, but the yucky feeling continued and my body didn't seem to like that I had eaten a burrito. But thanks, baby, for reminding me that you are there! :)

The only downside to this pregnancy symptom could be that I gain much more than baby weight. And, for the record, I have eaten salads and fruit this week, too - just so you don't think all I'm eating is McDonald's and burritos, ha!

Tomorrow afternoon we are going to our first OB appointment! I honestly never thought I would set foot in an OB/ Gyn's office again because those are mostly for pregnant people, and I could just get my annual pap from a family practice doctor. Yet, here I am meeting an OB for the first time because I am pregnant! I have moments of nervousness about the appointment and getting bad news, but overall I am quite excited and hopeful!

PS - My husband got home from work as I was typing this post, and when I hugged him to welcome him home he said it felt like I had a belly (albeit small)! That made me squeal with joy and hug him another time.

14 comments:

andreajennine said...

Love this!

Rach said...

I can just feel the joy coming through your post! Can't wait to hear how the OB appt goes.

What did your RE think of all this? Was he totally shocked??

Life Happens said...

So happy and thrilled for you! Enjoy all the symptoms (good and bad), you deserve to experience it!

Good luck with the appt tomorrow!

Rachel DeBell said...

yay! Love this post. I'm the same, no sickness at all, but just feel bloated. Even the acid reflux has gone away. What is your appt for? We met our Midwife, but don't have an actual medical appointment until the end of November. I was told by her office today that we wouldn't have another sono until 20 weeks, and I almost passed out. How will I ever wait that long?? Such a different world than that of the Infertile, huh?

courtney said...

oh.. dont you worry sister! You will have a belly for sure here in a couple of weeks. I didnt really start showing until after 13/14 weeks. But, you are a little thinner than me so you will probably see a change a little sooner!! I'm soooo excited! Do you get another u/s tomorrow?? I had one at 9w6d and they already could tell me that it was a boy!! lol

excited for you!!!


God's blessings... xoxo

evsmarie said...

We go in for our 12 week (almost 13!) NT scan tomorrow and I'll be sure to think about you and your little bean as well. (And yay for a continued lack of MS. That is definitely something to be thankful for!!!)

RMCarter said...

I just can't express how happy I am for you!! There are not enough words. :)

Tami said...

I am loving your blog. It is such a reminder to me of the goodness of God! I remember the first time I went into my OB and was pregnant. It was such an odd feeling. I had only seen him, so it was always hard just sitting there doing treatments with all these bellies around me, but now I am one of the bellies! :) So utterly happy for you!!!

Sarah said...

I have a McDonalds cheeseburger at least once a week. Not great for my weight, but what baby wants baby gets :) I think my iron is love when I crave this. Good luck at your appt! :) So exciting! But noticed you said that God gave you something you "don't" deserve! You TOTALLY deserve this miracle!! So no more of that talk :)

Christy said...

Hilary - I am so excited for you - every time I read a new entry I get small little tears! - You deserve this little blessing from the Lord. Congrats again and I look forward to following you through your journey of pregnancy and motherhood!

Melis.sa said...

:) so, so happy for you! you're one of the reasons I could never quite reading blogs, I was always waiting for your baby to come :)

Leah said...

So excited for you guys. :) And enjoy the no morning sickness. I had a first trimester that I thought was too good to be true. I mean, I didn't throw up ONCE. Yet the result was still the same. I was just one of the lucky ones. :)

Carrie said...

Oh, you are the sweetest person!! You are going to be such a wonderful mommy!!!! I was the same at the beginning of my pregnancy.....feeling so hungry that if I didn't eat something right that second, I would feel yucky. I always had some granola bars in my purse just in case it hit me when I was out and about. Just keep eating lots of small meals and snacks. Chick-Fil-A always helped me overcome my hunger :) Can't wait to hear about the OB visit!!!

sara said...

oh girl. you deserve to have a second lunch as much as you feel!! even mcdonalds!! i remember wanting nachos from 7-11 but being too ashamed to take them home so i got the nachos and a big gulp and parked in a different neighborhood, ate them and then went home...just so no one would see me;) i am now laughing out loud...oh my! such fun times!!