Thursday, November 17, 2011

Thankful and happy...

...that the post-pap smear bleeding and spotting has stopped. I'm feeling quite happy and relieved! Thanks for helping to get me through a rough couple days!

In other news, my very few symptoms seem to be even fewer this week. However, on Tuesday night I ate a regular sized dinner and a small bowl of ice cream. A couple of hours later we went to bed and I was SO hungry it was almost unbearable. Like my stomach hurt from hunger pains kind of hunger. I laid there for a while debating about whether or not to get up and eat something, but ultimately I decided I was too tired to face getting out of the warm bed and dirty my clean teeth. Thankfully I was able to fall asleep and woke up in the morning still starving, but I was willing to satisfy my hunger at that point. I have never experienced hunger quite like that, and love these little reminders that I am indeed pregnant!

Oh, more good news! The doctor just called and said my pap smear came back normal! :)

14 comments:

jeanna said...

I shared you at our small group as a "praise" God is using your life as inspiration! His work is so good!!! I am just thrilled for you and LOVING hearing all this wonderful moments!

Sarah said...

Glad the spotting stopped! :) Ohhhh I get those middle of the night hunger pains too. There have been a handful of times where I HAD to get up and eat toast or a bowl of cereal...

Meg said...

I'm so thankful with you!

Leah said...

So glad that spotting stopped! That was my BIGGEST symptom early in the pregnancy. Hunger like never before. That was the symptom I experienced that made me first test. Besides that, I had really no symptoms at all. :)

Life Happens said...

So glad the spotting stopped. As for the hunger pains, eat up...that means baby is growing!!!

Mellow said...

Yay! Good News! :)

Carrie said...

What a relief!!!! I'm so glad the bleeding has stopped and your pap smear came back normal! Just like you, in the beginning I would get sooo hungry....like my stomach hurt from being so hungry. I always carried granola bars or something like that in my purse. Also, one of my friends said she kept a box of granola bars or crackers on her nightstand in case she got hungry during the night! I never did that, but there were times I wished I had! For me, that hunger went away around 10-11 weeks, I think. When is your next ultrasound?

ceecee867 said...

Yay !! Feed that baby !! Lol

Melis.sa said...

:) Fantastic news!! :)

Britney said...

yayyyy!!!!!

Mandy said...

So happy for the good news!

Jem said...

Whew! I'm glad your hunger is there. I would recommend a little cottage cheese or something else with protein before you go to bed.

hollygandco said...

I'm so glad the bleeding stopped! And huzzah for the pap smear coming back normal! I love the 1st tri food cravings and dire need to eat. It's so unreal, knowing you just ate and are so hungry 1/2 an hour later that you need to eat again.

I'm just so happy for you!

Andrea said...

Celebrating with you! I too had headaches, but never any morning sickness ;) So happy the spotting has stopped.

Continued prayers
Andrea