Friday, November 4, 2011

{8 weeks}

For comparison...the first "belly picture" I made my husband take of me at 5 weeks (he thought I was crazy but he is already glad we did it, haha) and a self portrait I took at 8 weeks:

5 weeks

8 weeks
I have read that it is still way too early to have a "baby belly" but that there is "bloat" in the first trimester instead. It looks like I have it?! Craziness. I really don't expect to show early since I have a *very* long torso, but I'm surprised I do have the bloat anyway!


Size of baby: Raspberry (.63" and .04 oz)
Total Weight Gain: +1
Continuing symptoms: mild cramping off and on, gassy, br.east tenderness & enlargement
New symptoms this week: first heartburn experience

Sleep: Sleeping well but waking up earlier than normal many days. I tend to toss and turn more and don't feel as comfortable all night.
What I'm Eating: Anything! Thankfully I am having no aversions and my appetite is normal. I do tend to feel full faster and get starving -hungry more suddenly.
Cravings: None.
Special pregnancy moments:  Telling a couple more close friends and seeing them tear up with happiness. Feeling less anxious about the pregnancy and enjoying it more. My husband kissed my "belly" for the first time.

13 comments:

Rosie said...

Your story is such an inspiration. So glad you are enjoying your pregnancy. You look lovely!

Mandy said...

So glad you are feeling well!!! Hope you have an easy pregnancy!

Carrie said...

I definitely was very bloated until around 10 weeks. That's when I felt like I was actually starting to get a baby bump. You should keep up the weekly photos....you won't believe the way your belly changes and its so fun to compare photos. I always got worried that my belly wasn't growing but when I look back at photos from two weeks ago, I could see how much bigger I got! I'm so glad you are feeling good!

Jessica R said...

It makes me so, so happy to see you documenting pregnancy symptoms and taking belly pictures, Hillary :) I'm thrilled for you and pray that God will grow your little bean big and healthy and strong!! xoxo

Rach said...

So adorable! I can definitely see a little bump, or bloat!

Colin and Jess said...

I love the baby update! I am so excited for you. God always prevails!

gringa78 said...

Love that little baby bump! You look beautiful!!

One Who Understands said...

Love the pics! I think it will be so fun to watch this little miracle grow! Glad you are feeling more at peace about it all.

Lindsey said...

I can not even express how much joy it brings me to read a post like this on your blog!

You have a hint of a belly already! You are going to have the cutest baby bump ever. I am so excited for more posts like this!

:- ) said...

I am so happy and excited for you! I can honestly say I feel so much delight in my heart to see you going through this and I only know you from your blog :-) I definitely think that God has opened my heart in such a way in the last year and I have such peace and know everything will all work out for me in His time and I am so glad I can be so truly over joyed for you. Please keep updating! ;-) Cant wait for you to know what the baby is! God Bless!

eggsinarow said...

That is the cutest little bump ever. Seriously. Adorable! Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Dear Hilary,
Words can not express how happy I am for you!!! I thought about you all day on Sunday when I got caught up and saw you were knocked up. Hilary, your posts are always so deep and heartfelt and seeing this good news almost made me cry. What a miracle! God is indeed true, he is indeed God and he is indeed Good! If I could see you, I would just hug you and turn around without saying a word, cause words fail me! I won't stop praying for you and your hubby and your baby (your baby, yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy)

Jessica R said...

Checking in every day- when is your next appt? Praying for a continually healthy pregnancy and baby!!