Sunday, October 9, 2011

BABY SHOWER!!

Yesterday was my wonderful, beautiful, fun, amazing, and joyful baby shower!! I loved every minute of it and feel incredibly blessed that so many family and friends were there to celebrate with me. Here are some pictures!





This was the welcome table. Each guest was asked to write a note on the back of one of the flags. My friend is going to sew the flags together to make a bunting for our nursery (the bunting itself was inspired by this).




The decoration theme was autumn since the hostesses and I LOVE the fall :)




Doesn't this food look amazing?! It tasted as good as it looked!



The onesie garland was part of my gift! I now have baby clothes!

These framed illustrations from children's stories were created by a friend for the one game we played. We were divided into small groups, and each group had one of the pictures. We also had a sheet with questions about the story, ranging from what story is this to list as many things that the caterpillar ate as you can. We then passed the pictures and each group answered questions about all the stories. It was a really fun game, and I got to take the framed illustrations home to use as nursery wall art!





A diaper cake and me opening presents in the background (the blurry picture of me is the best I can do on an anonymous blog :).


I am still in quite a bit of shock that I - infertile little ol' me - just had a baby shower. It was such a joyful day and I am so thankful I got to celebrate the baby that will be with so many loved ones. And I spent today washing, folding, organizing, and putting everything away in the nursery. I have never had so much fun doing laundry in my life! :)

13 comments:

Betty Rubble said...

Your friend is SO creative! I love everything she did!!! You're a lucky gal!!!

Sarah said...

Im so happy for you! What a joyful occassion and everything looked super beautiful! :)

Rach said...

Oh my goodness! So adorable!

The blurry picture of you is beautiful too!

Melis.sa said...

The pictures look amazing! It sounds like you have some fabulous people in your life! :)

Life Happens said...

What a beautiful baby shower! I'm sure it was amazing. Wasn't it great to be the guess of honor at YOUR shower??! Cherish those memories. Praying for many more blessings for you!

Britney said...

totally crying. so happy for you!

Anonymous said...

So happy for you, Hillary. What a creative bunch... this all belongs in a magazine! I'm glad you, oh so deserving you, had such a special day. Praying for you and the little one who will one day wear all those cute clothes :) -Jenna

Rosie said...

That is so sweet of them to do that. I pray that soon you'll have a little one to dress in all of those cute, clean baby clothes. Glad you enjoyed your much deserved day!!!

andreajennine said...

Oh, so darling and sweet!

LC said...

These photos look like they came out of a Martha Stewart magazine. Seriously the cutest shower I have ever seen and I LOVE the photo with you in the background. So happy for you! :)

Kakunaa said...

I love the bunting idea! I hope I get to do that for someone! And I had a garland of onesies, too! So nice to hear you so happy :-)

Colin and Jess said...

This looks like a beautiful party. So nice that you are able to begin organizing and prepping the nursery for that bundle of joy that will arrive soon!

gringa78 said...

How wonderful! What a beautiful day!!