Monday, October 24, 2011

{6 weeks 3 days}

The days are continuing to move very slowly. I thank God constantly throughout the day for this life inside of me, and ask that he or she would continue to grow and thrive. My anxiety has waned now that the spotting has stopped (yay progesterone!), although I know it is there but hidden more below the surface. I cried off and on through church yesterday as I sought to entrust this child to the Lord.

I want to remember this time of my life. Despite the anxiety and temptation to worry and fear, I want to relish in the fact that I AM PREGNANT. So here are a few items about this early pregnancy stage:

*I have had a few very mild symptoms. Fatigue set in during the middle of last week, and yesterday I took an hour and a half nap (and could have slept longer). Although sometimes I wonder if it is just the high stress we have been experiencing the last few weeks that has caught up to me?

*I may have felt the teensy-tiniest bit of "morning sickness" today and a couple days ago. Again I wonder if it is nerves/ stress/ I want to feel symptoms since it is so mild and inconsistent - who knows. I wouldn't even call it nausea, just a general yucky feeling that feels better when I eat.

*My mom and paternal grandma told me they never had much sickness in the first trimester - maybe I inherited those genes?!

*My appetite is normal and food is still enjoyable to me. However, I don't feel like eating much - I feel "full" after only half a serving.

*I have been waking up between 5-6am most days. Usually I am able to go back to sleep, but I never used to do that. This is another one that I question if it is pregnancy or anxiety.

*I feel bloated, especially at the end of the day. I don't even know how to describe this, but my abdomen feels weirdly distended/ full when I lay on my side at night. Obviously there is no "belly" but it feels like gravity is pulling on it or something.

*I had an optical migraine on Thursday night. I usually get those a couple times per year so I am not sure if this one was triggered by pregnancy or not. (it is the flashing lights in my vision but no migraine headache)

*I love progesterone and am so happy it stopped my spotting. I know it wouldn't prevent a miscarriage, but not seeing and feeling the spotting constantly has eased my nerves.

*My b.reasts really aren't too sore. I notice a tiny bit of tenderness when I wake up in the morning, but I think wearing a bra all day keeps them comfortable. They have felt a little fuller the last couple days, but maybe that is from the progesterone?

The next ultrasound is this Friday, and we are praying there will be a heart beat. Taking one day at a time...




22 comments:

Jill said...

Hi Hillary!
I just recently started following your blog, maybe a week before you found out your were pregnant ever since I've been praying for you. I am 15 weeks pregnant and reading through you list of symptoms I was like "check check check"!! I had practically the same symptoms and they just recently all subsided thank goodness!! I can't wait to here the news on Friday and just wait until see you see how much your baby has grown!!! I went in for an ultrasounds at 6weeks 4 days and saw a teeny little bean with a flickering heart and yolk sac, just 3 weeks later my baby had moving arms and legs! It was Amazing!!! Good Luck and God Bless!!!

Leah said...

I was someone who didn't get any sickness AT ALL until probably 10 weeks pregnant. Being sick doesn't = more pregnant. As you said, you are just blessed. :)

Thinking and praying for you.

amy said...

Praying so very hard for you!! Can't wait for you to see that heartbeat on Friday :)

Carrie said...

Hillary, I wanted to tell you that I had NO pregnancy symptoms early on at all. I desperately wanted to have morning sickness because that would mean that I really WAS pregnant...that's just what I told myself. But nope....no nausea at all. My boobs were never sore either. I felt completely normal which did scare me a little. But, my twin sister had no sickness either, so I really do think it runs in the genes. Also, I do remember feeling bloated and by the end of the day my stomach did pooch out more than in the morning. I would try to eat a lot during the day so that I at least had a pooch ! Anyway, just be so thankful that you are not sick and you are able to eat to nourish your baby. That's what I kept telling myself!

Anonymous said...

I hope this will help ease your mind... I had ZERO morning sickness with my first pregnancy and minimal nausea with my second. Food aversions didn't hit me until 10-12 weeks (and they were mild) and I never had weird cravings. Both my pregnancies were surprises (WONFERDUL ones - we experienced infertility and had given up) and my only symptom early on was feeling slightly bloated. I know it's easier said than done, but try to enjoy every moment because it flies by!

Life Happens said...

Like you said, take it one day at at time. God has gotten you this far, He will continue to get you through it all.

Can't wait for your ultrasound! Enjoy every blessed moment.

Leah said...

Sorry - I'm totally going to comment twice on this post. :)

The only symptom I did have at your point in the pregnancy were period like cramps. Cramps that would freak me out to the point of running to the bathroom once an hour to make sure I wasn't bleeding. When nausea did set in around 10 weeks, it wasn't bad nausea. I never once threw up. Some people are just blessed with less symptoms. :)

Whitbit said...

Praying for you honey. You have a little miracle!

Anonymous said...

I am tearing up reading your story. I am overjoyed for you. I have followed you throughout your progress and am just elated. God is good!! I will be praying for a safe and successful pregnancy.

Mary said...

I have been following your blog for awhile and it's amazing how many people you don't even know are so happy for you. I went to lunch with my sister and the conversation started with, "I can't believe Making Me Mom is pregnant, I'm so happy for her."

And I also never had pregnancy symptoms! I will be thinking of you on Friday.

Jessica R said...

HILLARY!!! Oh my gosh, I am way behind and just saw your news. I have been following your blog for a long time now (during my own IF journey) and have commented here and there, though not regularly. I can't tell you how much my heart is filled with joy for you right now! Congratulations!!! God is so, so, SO very good!

hollygandco said...

I, too, had so few symptoms that it was alarming, and I wished to feel more! Like Leah, my most persistent symptom was cramping, and I would really only feel nauseous when I hadn't eaten. I had to eat so much more often to keep the feeling away.

I am just SO excited for you, and pray every day that Heavenly Father would allow this life inside of you to grow and thrive. God bless.

HeWillBlessMe said...

I was following your blog for mths. However, i stopped reading about infertility and went to a great depression. Today is the first day in 3 mths that I have been on since July! I just want to say congratulations. Praise the lord!! I am in tears at this moment, I have felt like giving up so many times but I have faith that I will be blessed with a child. Your story has given me so much hope. Thank you for sharing your experiences. I am touched! God bless!

andreajennine said...

"general yucky feeling that feels better when I eat..." - That describes my version of morning sickness to a T!

gringa78 said...

Hillary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is AMAZING news!!!!!!!! I am so, so happy for you and I just KNOW everything is going to be ok. You are in my thoughts...just take it day by day. So, so exciting.

Britney said...

You ARE pregnant. There is a beautiful miracle, conceived out of love, given to you out of love, growing inside of you. ENJOY this. It is fleeting. (PS -- I didn't get sick until at least 7 weeks, and many days, didn't "feel" pregnant. Very common).

Courtney said...

SO incredibly happy for you, Hillary! I usually read the blogs I follow from my phone and it never lets me comment properly. I just had to log on and tell you I'm so excited, though. :-) I'm praying or a great ultrasound on Friday and a healthy, strong heartbeat. I know this waiting is awful. I took so many HPTs after we found out we were pregnant until the ultrasound where we heard the heartbeat. I just had to keep making sure that I was still pregnant. I hate that infertility strips us of the ability to just settle in and feel nothing but joy and excitement at the beginning. I'm praying that God will calm your mind and ease your fears.

Try not to focus on any symptoms that you may or may not be feeling at this point. Everyone is so different and it's easy to start letting the doubt creep in when you think you should be feeling a certain way that you're not. I hope this first trimester goes by quickly so that you can hopefully start to breathe easier and just get to enjoy this special time.

Lots of love and hugs!
Courtney

Kelli said...

HILLARY!! OMW!!!!! I haven't read blogs lately, but thought I'd take a gander and see what's going on with everyone. You were my first stop and, again, OMW!! Congrats girl!! Love you!!

Grace said...

I had very few symptoms too, infact for a while I kept wondering if I was indeed pregnant :).. No nausea, no sickness..unless I was very hungry and that didn't even happen till I was almost in the 2nd trimester. I'd say be thankful..MS is a monster. I'm praying for you and this little miracle xxx

jessica56 said...

I have been following your blog for a while- but haven't commented- but I have been thinking about you and this little miracle since reading your blog yesterday! Such wonderful news! I had the same kind of morning sickness- and as an IF you just want to feel the symptoms to beleive it is real! Congrats and can't wait to follow your journey!!

Carrie said...

Hillary, just wondering what time your appointment is tomorrow. I will be thinking about you all day tomorrow, but I would like to say a special prayer around the time you go in :)

Kelly said...

Best wishes for your pregnancy!