Saturday, June 18, 2011

Sweet six and other snippets

Today we are celebrating our sixth wedding anniversary! What a sweet, beautiful, and love-filled six years at has been. God has truly gifted us and we are continually thankful for this blessing of marriage. We will be going out to a nice dinner tonight, and in August taking a little weekend trip to Sa.n D.iego to celebrate.



We nearly completed our first week's worth of our adoption research tasks. I made appointments for us to attend information sessions with a lawyer and a full-service agency, and attempted to set up meetings with two adoptive moms (one foster to adopt and the other domestic adoption). My husband is reading the Adopted for Life book. We are a few steps closer to making our decision! Our expected timeline to gather information, discuss our options, and decide which adoption path to take - all while seeking God's guidance - is by the end of July.

We are leaving tomorrow morning for six days of summer camp with the high school students we have been leading. We are starting our sixth year with them, and they are now seniors in high school! While there are a few things about going to camp that I certainly do not look forward to (namely lack of sleep and potential for extreme heat), I am excited for this week with my sweet girls.

See you all next weekend! xo

7 comments:

The Domestic Princess said...

I'm so happy to hear you guys are making steps towards adoption

We are going to be in San Diego at the end of August. We are so excited too. Have a great trip

Rach said...

Happy anniversary! I love looking back at our wedding pictures. Makes me all happy and giddy all over again.

Good luck with the research. Sounds like you are off to a good start!

The Swann's said...

Beautiful wedding picture! Happy 6 six of wedded bliss!

Joyce said...

Happy belated anniversary to both of you!! What a beautiful picture :)

I've been meaning to comment about all the adoption research you've done - you seem to have done a lot in a short amount of time! Thanks for sharing about everything you've learned so far, I should be looking into homestudy too but just haven't been able to bring myself to do it yet, so everything you're posting is extremely helpful.

Hope you two are having an amazing time in San Diego!

Marie said...

Hey! I'm in Sa.n D.iego! When are you coming here? Can we meet up for dinner (if I'm around - I'll most likely be out of town the first week of August).

Happy anniversary! xoxox

Life Happens said...

Happy Anniversary! Enjoy your time at camp.

I continue to pray for you!

Indy said...

What a beautiful wedding picture...don't make time to read your blog regularly but I'm excited to hear what God is doing i your lives through adoption. Beautiful!!!