Monday, May 16, 2011

Honesty

Thank you all so much for your amazingly thoughtful and encouraging comments on my last post about feeling like a "failure" of an infertile. I loved that some of you said you could relate and that I am not alone, others of you showed me ways that I have blessed or encouraged you, and others pointed me to the truth that in walking with God there is no failure....because I am where he wants me. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

I also had to chuckle a little at how many of you complimented me for my "honesty" on the blog. I guess I just don't really think about it one way or the other most of the time, but I also can't imagine how I could have this blog and NOT be raw and open. And I also don't really see how my honesty is much different than any other bloggers....so I guess my chuckles were wondering how I sound to others?! That maybe thinking my blog is pretty much like many others is a skewed perspective, and that really I am putting myself way out there. Ha! These are rhetorical questions that I'm not looking for you to answer, it was just funny to think about in light of many of your comments. Thanks for the compliments about my honesty!

In other news, today is my husband's birthday and I had so much fun doing little special things for him. I actually had to leave pretty early in the morning for a work conference, got home on the later side, and we both had our youth ministry small groups tonight, so it was kind of a sad day for a birthday. But this forced me to get a little creative and plan ahead, so I made a "make ahead" breakfast casserole, muffins, and cupcakes somewhat covertly yesterday. I then woke up super early while he slept, heated it up, lit candles, and set a pretty table for him. I was so giddy to go wake him up! He enjoyed his breakfast and the little gift I got him. I also asked a few of his guy friends to meet him for lunch as a little surprise, and when I got home from the conference I brought the cupcakes over to his work. He said he had a special day, and I don't say this to brag about what I did...but it was so joyful and fun to get to plan and prepare little special things for somebody I love! I need to do that more often. :)

4 comments:

Life Happens said...

What a lovely birthday for your hubby! Sounds like you put ALOT of thought and planning into it and he appreciated it. You rock!!

aliciamarie911 said...

Happy Birthday to your hubs! I too love doing special things for my love! :)

Leah said...

It sounds like you created such a special birthday for your husband, and I'm sure he really appreciated it. :) It sounds like you two have an amazing relationship. :)

A said...

i didnt get a chance to comment on your last post, but i want to echo the commenters that you are not a failure because you are seeking God's will for your family. maybe He is not going to use IVF to expand your family, but that does not mean there isn't hope and inspiration in your story. (HUG) and happy birthday to your hubs! i think the ways you made the day special are perfect :) he is lucky to have you!