Friday, April 8, 2011

Thaw day

This morning we had an uneventful trip to the RE's office for DH to provide his 'sample' there one last time. I think he was relieved to know this was the last time he would need to do that.

They have hopefully thawed our three mature eggs by now, and God-willing they have fertilized. The RE wanted to stick with attempting to fertilize 3, and I think I was just relieved to not have to make another big decision. If those 3 do not thaw well, they will thaw some (or all 5?) of the immature ones as needed. I am praying for this crucial part of the process, but I have also felt very emotionally detached...although this is usually the point of the cycle where anxiety can kick into high gear for me. We'll see.

Tomorrow I should get (our last ever) fert report phone call.

I find myself thinking of everything this cycle in terms of "the last time" with both relief and sadness.

9 comments:

Bobbi said...

Praying for a great fertilization report tomorrow for all 3!!!! You, of all people, deserve some good news!!! If you find yourself thinking of this cycle as the last time, that might be God nudging you, saying, "It IS going to be your last time." :)

theworms said...

I've been following your journey for so long and am hoping and praying this is your sticky BFP.
Can't wait to hear about fert report.

If you decide to come back and post on board we have a new one :) It's called IF vets for long-time posters at every stage in their journey (adoption, still TTC, saif and paif). It's more about the community we've built and emotional support.

((HUGS)) and prayers.

Rach said...

Praying for a great fert report tomorrow!

Melis.sa said...

((HUG)) Wishing you the best for this cycle!!!

Mommy-In-Waiting said...

I can't wait to hear the fert report. I'm wishing you and your DH all the best.

Joyce said...

Praying for you!!

Meg said...

Much, much prayer has been and is being lifted on behalf of you, your husband, and these little lives.

Life Happens said...

There is something sad about knowing it's your last cycle, however, for me, it was comforting to know that I did everything I could and that I had to truly rely on God for the next steps.

Praying for a good fert report!

Jessica R said...

Praying for peace and strength for you guys!