Monday, April 18, 2011

Fly by

This weekend we went to our church's annual church retreat, and it was a wonderful, spiritually nourishing time. I was nervous to go after feeling so down last week, but I am SO glad I was there!

On Sunday, I got a text at 5:00 in the morning from my brother announcing the birth of my niece! She is beautiful with a head full of blond hair, and I can't wait to meet her in august when my younger brother and I travel to Nebraska to see her.

DH's brother was admitted to the hospital over the weekend, too. Unfortunately he has a long medical history stemming from type 1 diabetes and kidney disease, but it was still shocking at how sick he got over the course of last week. After getting home from the retreat on Sunday, we felt like we needed to be with family and drove the 2.5 hours to his hospital. My brother in law is having a test/ procedure tomorrow and we would appreciate if you could say a prayer for him!

We are driving home as I write this on Monday night. The past few days have flown by, and thus the two week is flying by as well. God has used the retreat, my niece's birth, and the family medical crisis to give me some perspective as I wait for his plan to unfold in my life. I'm feeling thankful tonight.

7 comments:

Vi said...

Thankful is good!!! Thinking of You and your BIL- hopefully everything will go well for him.

Leah said...

I will pray for your brother in law, and I hope his test comes out good and that he heals quickly.

I am so happy that you are feeling thankful. It can be hard to do amidst pain. Thinking of you.

Melis.sa said...

Congratulations to your brother and I hope your brother in law recovers quickly!!

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers Hillary.

cowgirltn said...

Thoughts and prayers coming your families way.

theworms said...

Sending T&P to your BIL.

Congrats on the birth of your niece. I hope we're celebrating a little cousin for her very soon.

GL

Egg Donor Mom said...

WOW! A lot happened this weekend for you. Keep those spirits up and positive energy out there and everything will work out with your brother in law, wishing the best for him.

Rachel DeBell said...

Glad its flying by. Your absence was starting to make me worry more and more about you! Praying the remaining few days fly by just as quickly!