Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Snippets

  • We finished our antibiotics today!!! YAY! I only had the one barfing experience, but that was enough to make me hate every single one I had to take. This morning I did a little jig as I swallowed the last one. :)
  • My lining and estrogen look good. I go back next week for another check, and then we will schedule the ET for the week after that. I am nervous but I want to get this over with. I want to just know, one way or another, what direction my life is going.
  • I finally started reading Adopted for Life on Sunday. I only read the intro and the first chapter, but I have to admit I felt judged while reading it. This probably deserves its own post, so I'll stop there, but I will say I had a big melt down on Sunday after reading this. However, I do think it is probably more me than the book (it's not me, it's you! ha), and it is too early for me to really give a review of it.
  • In light of the above, DH said I am over thinking everything related to adoption. He thinks every adoption story is unique and I can't plan it all out. However, I think all of these things I am trying to think through will inform a lot of decisions, and DH wants to take the "easy" way by not thinking about it. It was a really great conversation and I think we did what God intended us to do: we balanced each other out.
  • It was my friend's birthday today, and we spend a lovely and relaxing afternoon together. I took her to lunch, and then we got manicures/ pedicures. I love doing this but usually only end up going once a year (if that), so it was quite a treat! We both got a dark purple color for our fingernails that we thought was pretty trendy, but it looks black and I kinda like it. :) Who would have thought?





6 comments:

Rachel DeBell said...

As I was reading your post, I got really excited for you and this FET!!! I totally get that feeling of anticipation just to KNOW what direction. I read that part about your DH saying each adoption story is unique, and my response was "Yes, he's so right!" Its going to be ok!" Then I read the part about you wanting to prepare for those decisions, and my response was "YES, she's so right!" So I was super happy to read your summary of balancing each other and discussion. I think God is doing great things in you Hillary....GREAT things!

Anonymous said...

Hi Hillary,
I have been following your blog for a while and I am praying for you that this is the cycle that works. That GOd blesses you and your husband with a baby. Love Ali

andreajennine said...

We only got as far as the first few chapters of Adopted for Life, but I remember feeling somewhat discouraged at first, too (as if it were wrong that I didn't feel ready, especially when we were opposite to how he described the typical wife-wanting-to-adopt, husband-not-so-sure scenario). Then I felt much more hopeful as I read on (realizing God would make me ready at the right time). My biggest take-away was that all of us - adopted or not - struggle with questions of identity that can only be answered by our relationship with God as his children. That freed my thinking a lot.

Hilary said...

I would definitely take that book with a grain of salt, and be sure to balance it with some books written by true adoption professionals.

Good luck!

Mommy-In-Waiting said...

So glad things are going well! I feel very positive about this FET for you, wishing you all the best!

Anonymous said...

I really, really think this is it for you. I am praying that all of your dreams come true and you are holding a baby in your arms the end of December 2011...
I rarely feel this for people but for some reason I do for you!