Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Thank you

Wow. Thank you to each of you who took the time to de-lurk and comment! I was so touched by each of your comments and that I got to hear a little of your own stories. And while I intended those comments to be a way for me to learn more about you, I was also humbled and encouraged to hear how my blog and my infertility journey has blessed many of you. Thank you.

In other news, I did schedule my surgical hysteroscopy for February 1. It will *hopefully* be at or around cycle day 7, but of course it is slightly stressful that the only parameter is that I'm not on my period for the surgery....yet if I ovulate late I could be. But I couldn't schedule it any later because we are going to Washington, DC the next week for a vacation!!! I'm so excited - we haven't really gone on vacation in a long time thanks to infertility, and it was so freeing to just plan a trip and decide to go...and not worry about where I will be in a treatment cycle. So I'm trying to not to let the scheduling of the surgery ruin that care-free feeling.

It is also nice to have something special to look forward to. DH & I are traveling with my ILs (who we love and are very fun and easy to be with ), getting a vacation rental, and are hoping the weather is decent in early February. We've never been, I love history, and did I mention how nice it is to have something short-term to look forward to?

Now I'm off to go comment back... :)

PS - After reading kkasun's comment, I realized what an amazing resource I have here - anybody have any DC recommendations?! We're planning on the regular stuff, of course (monuments, Capitol, Smothsonian, etc), but any others or yummy places to eat would be appreciated! (Thanks kkasun!)

7 comments:

kkasun said...

Hi, I don't know if you have anything set yet, but a few recommendations for DC (I grew up in the suburbs of DC).
The Newseum is great, as well as the Holocaust museum.
A great place for dinner downtown, that has amazing crab cakes and a ton of choices for a decent price (for the city) is Old Ebbit's Grill!
Have fun!!!!!!

L&T said...

De-lurking a little late! I've been following your story for a little while now. I can sympathize with so much of what you're going through as I've also have multiple IVF failures. I have a blog, but we use it more to keep our family and friends updated and it's a good medical journal for me to look back on. Your blog inspires me to try to have faith during this process. The longer my IF struggle goes on, the more faith I lose. Hoping 2011 is a wonderful year for you!

PS - Enjoy your trip to DC! We live there and love it!

Missy said...

Holocaust museum is a must see. But be prepared bc it is emotional. For good food in a historic DC location, visit Ben's Chili Bowl by the U Street/13th ave Metro stop. Jefferson memorial is farther away,but worth a visit to walk around tidal basin.

waiting for baby said...

That sounds awesome! Before infertility, DH&I loved to travel! Now all that money goes to treatments or we don't want to plan a big trip b/c we "may" be pregnant....yada yada...

I too love history, and I loved Washington! The Smithsonian was amazing! Have a great time! :)

Leah said...

Isn't it freeing to plan a trip? It's also wonderful to have something to look forward to. I love DC, and hope you have an amazing trip! :)

Christy said...

I recommend going to Eastern Market if you are there during the weekend. It is a great place!

Catherine said...

I have a great restaurant recommendation for you while you are in DC...we were just there last fall and this was our FAVORITE spot for a nice dinner! Jaleo - http://www.jaleo.com/

Have a wonderful trip!