Monday, December 27, 2010

Merry {Belated} Christmas!

Merry Christmas everyone! I'm catching up on the blog world, and I can relate to so many of your infertility-effecting-Christmas posts.

Our day was full and pleasant. We spent the morning with my family and then drove 45 minutes to spend the evening with DH's family. All was nice... but so much the same. There are no children at either place, and both DH and I said longingly that we hope next Christmas is different.

I shed a few tears as I went to bed that night. How many years have I imagined next Christmas to be different? Will Christmas 2011 actually be any different? It is difficult to hope.

One funny story: So remember how my brother is having a baby in April? And they were thinking of using a variation of the girl's name we had chosen (Claire)? Well, they did indeed find out the baby is a girl and are naming her Clara. However, I had already tried to "move on" from this name and had started day dreaming about Caroline. Lo and behold on Christmas day, we found out that DH's brother had gotten a dog, and they had named her - you guessed it - Caroline! Ha! (Not that this would actually deter us from us using the name, but I just thought it was a little ironic).

On the bright side, my work closes down this week and I am very much looking forward to getting a lot of little things done. And relaxing , of course! :)

7 comments:

Kakunaa said...

Hopefully next year you will have your own little bundle...one way or another. Enjoy your week off :)

Melis.sa said...

:)

Enjoy the week off!!

kkasun said...

I hope that 2011 is your year!
Enjoy your time off!

Vi said...

2011 is going to be our year, H! Let's not give up hoping:) All the best for you and DH:)

Kelli said...

LOL - Oh dear, sometimes you just have to laugh!

Glad you enjoyed your Christmas! xoxo!

Sarah said...

I had the same thoughts about next Christmas as well :( Very funny (ironic) about the names! One of my top girl name possibilities was Emma. My brother and his fiance got a puppy a few weeks ago. Guess what they named her? Why EMMA of course :)

Rambler said...

Oh, one of the lucky folks who don't have to split up Christmas and NYE weekend!!

Happy Holidays to you and hope you're staying on the good side of the CA weather!