Thursday, November 4, 2010

Stories of the Crazy Infertile - Episode 1

Last night as DH & I were driving home from Bible study we stopped to get gas. DH pumped the gas and I sat comfortably in the car. As he opened the car door to get back in after he finished, I smelled the strong odor of the gasoline.

I started holding my breath.

DH started driving, and as we gained some speed I rolled down the window a crack to let fresh air into the car. Like a dog, I lifted my face so that my nose was in the draft of fresh air so I could start breathing again.

"What are you doing?" DH asked.

"It smells like gas in here!" I replied.

After a brief pause accompanied by a rather incredulous look DH said, "Are you worried this is hurting our IVF cycle?"

"Of course! I don't want the gas fumes to harm the eggs I'm growing right now!" I said without any hesitation.

9 comments:

valerie "Why" said...

Hihihi, this is so recognizable! How the treatments can influence daily life.....

Anonymous said...

That was SO me! I breathed the fresh air from the window after a gas pump, I held my breath when I had to use hairspray (and I sprayed in another location so I could walk away), I exhaled as I put powder on - you know, those particles could get into my airway, I'm my oxygen is for BOTH of us right now!

Just so you know, you're not alone in your neuroses! :)

Kakunaa said...

LOL. I totally get it :)

Leah said...

Oh my gosh. This is hilarious! And trust me. . . I've done the same thing! :)
Grow eggs, grow! :)

vphonegirl said...

brought a smile to my face. I remember looking at my DH all summer when he would eat things I thought would affect the sperm count. He thought I was crazy, cause I was always like did you take you vitamens, how much water did you drink today, did you have chicken?

But it all worked we are 6 weeks pregnant! Do what ever it takes to make you feel comfortable and safe.

Good Luck!

Ashley said...

Haha That sounds like something I would have done too! :)

AL said...

hahaha, I would totally do that!! best of luck this cycle!

Teresa said...

I can totally relate! Good luck on your cycle. I'm on day 8 of my stims right now, and I am constantly trying to think of ways to make everything go perfect.

Rebecca said...

Too funny! Although totally something I would do!!!