Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Happy Halloween!

For the third year now, DH & I hosted a Halloween party and had a blast doing it! I think it is officially a tradition now. :) Some photos...

First, our inspiration:

Photo by Alfred Eisenstaedt, taken on V-J Day, 1945 (from Life Magazine)

Our rendition (we had so much fun and I felt so cute!):

I actually bought this genuine sailor uniform (shirt & pants) off of Ebay for $10 (plus $10 shipping!) and got his hat a Halloween store. For my costume, I already owned the skirt (one of those I haven't worn in years and have been considering getting rid of - so glad I hadn't), I got the blouse, shoes, and tights at a thrift store for $8 total, and bought the hat on Ebay for $5. It was a fun little project to piece all of this together last month. :)

And some of the food and decorations:



Our friends came in some fabulous costumes, there was much talking and laughter, and our friends' kids had fun too! I planned two games for them. One was bobbing for apples, and the other was eating a small powdered donut hanging from a string with no hands. This was really cute to watch!

I hope you had a fun time with friends on Sunday!

13 comments:

Eileen said...

LOVE the costumes!!! So cute!

waiting for baby said...

I love it!!! Too cute!

andreajennine said...

Y'all are adorable! How many times did you strike that pose during the evening? ;)

RELH said...

What cute costumes!

Kakunaa said...

Awww! Look how cute!

Iam veRONIque said...

super love it ;) happy hollowen.

Melis.sa said...

Love the re-creation picture! You and your dh are adorable!! The party sounds awesome :)

Rach said...

Love it all!!

lifebytheday said...

You guys are SO cute - glad you had a great party! :-)

Andrea said...

How FUN!!!

Kelli said...

Love the costume idea!! You guys are adorable!

Mellow said...

Adorable...what a fun night! :)

Melody said...

How fun is that!!! You two are adorable.