Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Monitoring #1 & a special thank you

After 2 nights of stims, I already have 2 follicles @ 10mm and 1 @ 9mm....which was slightly disappointing.

I am hesitant to even write that because the disappointment isn't emotional and I still feel calm and a sense of "it is what it is," but I know going into the appointment I did hope that I wouldn't have any at or above 10mm. Why, you may ask? Well, based on my last two IVF cycles, I stimmed better, had a greater quantity of eggs, and had embryos of greater quality for IVF #2 - which was also the cycle I stimmed slower (even though I was on the same starting dose of meds for both). So far my response this cycle is much more like IVF #1, which wasn't bad.....just not as "perfect." In IVF #1 I had some lead follicles that jumped out ahead, and I don't want that to happen this round. But, we'll see. I am continuing to pray and trust God, and am thankful I left today's appointment feeling completely calm and at peace.

One goal for this IVF is to not get worked up after each monitoring appointment. So far, so good - I was able to pray and let the mild disappointment roll off of my back. :)

****

Now that I am using some of the precious meds, I want to give a very special thank you to some kind, generous, and thoughtful women who offered to donate their left over medication to me. I was so humbled and thankful for their amazing gift. The following ladies mailed me either Follistim or Ganirelix - THANK YOU!

Nicole from Maybe momma some day (in the second trimester after an IVF BFP!)
Kelli from Life, Love, and the Miracle of Adoption ( a brand new mom to a beautiful newborn daughter!)

The following two ladies I know from an infertility web board I frequent:
babystinkbreath (currently cycling with me for her IVF #2!)
newsbaby (pregnant with twins from IVF #4!)

Thank you SO MUCH! I can't say it enough. We are scraping the bottom of the financial barrel for IF treatments now, and your generosity eased that burden tremendously. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

6 comments:

Kakunaa said...

Just remember to take a deep breath. They could slow down, and other follicles could easily catch up!

Awesome about the donations :) I didn't end up with any leftover meds, it just worked out that way. I am so glad you were able to get some help :)

Mellow said...

What a blessing so have such generous friends. :) Good luck to you.

Iam veRONIque said...

My payers are with you. Hang on there.

A said...

Hang in there with the follicles, I know how it's frustrating to not have very many (HUG). And that is awesome about the med donations!! If I had any more, I'd have mailed you them, too!

Melis.sa said...

It's awesome to have fellow IF buddies helping out!!

Melissa G said...

This is one of the amazing things you get to see when you become a part of this community(unfortunate as it is that we're all here). Aside from the oodles of support, there is SO much generosity.

Looking forward to more updates, and hoping this is FINALLY it for you.