Monday, September 13, 2010

Still waiting

I haven't posted because everyday I think, "Tomorrow will be the day - cycle day one!" And then I imagine writing my IVF cycle #4 kick off post to announce it to you all....

The only problem is, I'm still waiting for my period. I spotted very lightly for a couple days over a week ago (and by lightly, I mean very lightly and almost non-existent - zero chance it was my period), and then nothing. Today is cycle day 35, and this is my longest (non-medicated) cycle EVER. Prior to this month, I think my longest cycle was 28 days!

At what point do you think I should call the RE? I guess I either didn't ovulate, or I ovulated really late. I'm in no particular rush to get the next cycle underway, it is just strange that I have been expecting it for about 10 days now but I have no hints that my period is even approaching.

And before you get your hopes up, I have been testing every couple days just to, you know, make sure....and have been rewarded with very clear and certain BFNs.

11 comments:

Betty Rubble said...

Have you inquired about Provera to get the party started? Ugh...I hate our bodies after treatment...they never know what to do.

Rach said...

Have you ever tracked BBT in the past? If you have tracked before and understand your temperature ranges, you might take your temp tomorrow morning just to see if it's in your high zone. This will at least indicate you ovulated and that AF should be arriving. If it's low, then you know you probably need to call the RE.

Hope you can get started on #4 soon!

Kakunaa said...

I would call and have them do the Provera to jump-start you if you want to get things rollin...

Melis.sa said...

I would call and get provera too. I hate the waiting game...

Kelli said...

Eek - that is a long time to keep waiting! It wouldn't hurt to call the RE and see what they suggest. We are all SUPER excited about this cycle for you!

ps. I got your card today! Thank you SO MUCH!!! Love you girlie!! xoxo

Erin said...

I'm praying for you! I hope this time it's successful for you hun.

lifebytheday said...

Sending you hugs, the waiting is the WORST!

Mrs. Hammer said...

I had that happen last year after our first cycle failed. I had to go on provera to get it started. I would call your RE now 1) it's been 10 days and 2)a 35 day cycle is not normal for you. The waiting game is so frustrating :(

Leah said...

I'd still wait a few more days to call. I've had cycles as long as that that were unmedicated. But I would say by day 40, if still no AF, definitely call.

Hope it comes soon so you can try at this again. :)

AplusB said...

Why is it that whenever we WANT our period to come it goes MIA?! So frustrating. Hang in there - can't wait for you to get started again.

Sarah said...

I had that happen as well. I think I finally started on day 40, which was very unusual for me. I think it was between my 2nd and 3rd IVF. I think your body just gets out of whack after a couple cycles. I would call your RE like the other girls said.