Monday, July 19, 2010

They didn't call me :(

For the past two IVF cycles, the embryologist has called me by 10:30am to let me know the fertilization report.

Today, 10:30 came and went, and my heart started to sink. Maybe it was bad news and that's why they weren't calling?

By 1:00pm, I decided I needed to know and called in. They were still "shut down" for lunch, so I left a message with the answering service, and began waiting for my call back.

I have never not gotten a call back after leaving a message, so I wasn't too worried. And they often do their call backs after they shut down for the day at 4:30.

But it's after 5:30 and nobody called me back. I am on the verge of tears, and while I know it is most likely a simple "slipped through the cracks" human error, I am just so nervous that nothing fertilized.

I will be calling first thing in the morning. Sorry to keep you all waiting, but at least you were waiting with me, haha.

(Oh, and I did consider calling now and paging somebody on-call....and while I am desperate for some news, it doesn't feel urgent enough to do that).

16 comments:

Betty Rubble said...

I disagree, this is URGENT to you.

Of course I'm impatient...so perhaps somoene else can be the voice of reason.

Hugs. I hope you get good news soon!

Jendeis said...

I'm sorry sweetie. This sucks.

Kakunaa said...

I am sooooo sorry they are keeping you waiting! I would be going bonkers!

AL said...

I'm so sorry they kept you waiting. Hope they call you first thing tomorrow with GOOD news!

Liddy said...

I'm sorry sweetie. Like Jendeis says, "This sucks!" Know that I am thinking about you and hope you hear from them in the morning- if not get on the phone and call repeatedly until someone gives you service.

Andrea said...

Oh honey, I understand that need for answers and I understand being on the verge of tears. I call it unraveling at the seams...

Praying you get a good report and your heart is put to rest. In the meantime I will be praying for you and your husband.

Lifting you up
xxx

Ami said...

Wow...I can't help but think that if they didn't call you, then there has to be SOMEthing to work with?? That is terrible service though. Oh I know how agonizing that wait is. I am thinking of you and hoping you get some peace from all this. :)

Lisa said...

Waiting with you - Praying that everything is ok :)

Morningglory said...

Do they fertilize eggs on the same day? I thought it was a process. 1 day for Thaw and another for fertilization? I don't know tho I did 2 fresh cycles. The whole freezing things scares me lol.

A said...

OH gosh. I am praying you hear good news when they do call. (HUGGG)

Kate said...

I can't believe you didn't hear from them. That kind of thing makes me crazy. Literally. I'm hoping you get through first thing this morning.

Grace said...

I hope you hear good news from them. Thinking about you!

Life Happens said...

I hope you were able to get some answers!! Praying for you and standing by to hear the fert report.

Jennie said...

I hope they call you soon. My thoughts are with you.

kdactyl said...

Oh goodness...this would kill me. Praying for a good fertilization report! Keep us posted.

kd

Elle said...

That's terrible.. you must be crawling the walls.