Tuesday, July 13, 2010

That was easy

Today was my last "monitoring appointment" for my frozen egg cycle.... And, wow, that sure was easy. Compared to a fresh cycle, at least.

I went in once a week for blood work and an ultrasound. My husband gave me two IM injections per week, and we each did a 7 day course of antibiotics. That's it.

And can I just say how amazed I am that I didn't ovulate? Those two little injections sure did their job to build up my lining and prevent ovulation! Before each appointment I was sure they were going to tell me I ovulated, and was amazed each time everything looked good.

The eggs will be thawed and ICSI'd on Sunday. I feel the hope stirring in me again. But with the hope and the potential of real live embryos in existence, I think the easy part of this cycle is fast coming to an end.

Praying for a miracle...

22 comments:

Melissa G said...

Praying with you friend.

Amanda said...

I hope it all goes well. I've seen some articles on new research very recently reporting lots of success with frozen egg cycles.

Kelli said...

Praying with you!! Miracles do happen and you, my friend, deserve one!!

Rach said...

Wow, that does sound easy. Praying for the best on Sunday.

Liddy said...

Hoping all goes well. Sending lots of prayers.

Melis.sa said...

Good luck hun!!

Leah said...

Good luck! I will be tinking of you! :)

andreajennine said...

Praying with you!

snhg1129 said...

send up lots of prayers and hoping for your miracle!

sara said...

Praying for you dear friend! hoping to get together soon!!

Anonymous said...

Did you try taking acupuncture with ICSI or IVF. It seems to help some women in conception.

Also, how about homeopathy?

S

Betty Rubble said...

We're all praying for your miracle!

Incidentally I love your "laid back" attitude! You seem so relaxed!!!

Life Happens said...

Praying for your miracle too!!

kdactyl said...

Wow...I am so excited. I have never known someone to do a frozen egg cycle...pretty new stuff. I sure hope it all goes well and will definitely be sending out prayers!!! Yay

Mrs. Hammer said...

Praying with you!!!!

Mrs. Hoppy said...

Very excited for you! I'm glad it's been a smooth and easy process so far!

One Who Understands said...

Praying for your little eggs. I was also amazed at how easy a frozen cycle was compared to a fresh. Good luck girl!

AplusB said...

Praying for you!!

gringa78 said...

I am so hopeful for you!!!

Keep.moving.forward.

Thinking of you.

Grace said...

Will be praying for you Hillary. God is with you!

Meg said...

Praying earnestly for you this Sunday morning.

PFM said...

I really hope things go well. Best wishes.