Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Good news!!!!

They attempted to thaw 3 eggs, and 2 survived the thaw. Of those two eggs, both fertilized normally and have cleaved!!! Ahh!!

I am seriously surprised - after reading all about the low success with frozen eggs and playing mind games in my head yesterday, I was prepared for the worst. But here we sit in the same position we were for our last two fresh cycles...with two beautiful embryos growing. Thank you God, I am in awe!

I am also amazed that we still have 3 eggs frozen, since I thought they may have needed to thaw all of them to find one that survived.

My RE said that the thawing process was the difficult part, but once they thawed and fertilized our embryos would be just like any other normal embryos and we would have normal success rates in the 50% range. I know we have a long way to go still (and I certainly know you can have two great embryos and still get a BFN...), but knowing this was such a big hurdle and we have made it is a huge relief!

We are on for a 3-day transfer tomorrow, and now I know that I have two embryos to pray for specifically!

30 comments:

Amanda said...

YAY! I'm hoping that it's just been a matter of odds for you and that they will be on your side this time!

A said...

Congrats!!!!

jeanna said...

I am praying for your two embies, that they grow strong till transfer and that God plants them inside you and creates a miracle. I just want this for you so badly. You are such an inspiration and you will be such a great parent, raising your children in a loving Christian home.

Rach said...

That is amazing!! So happy for you. Wishing you the best for tomorrow.

Andrea said...

Praise GOD! That is wonderful news :) I will be praying for those 2 strong embies to stick and grow.

Treat yourself to something special for enduring the wait on the report :)

Amber said...

AWWWW great news like that blesses my heart. I'm so happy everything is going well. Lifting you,DH and your little ones up in prayer.

Jendeis said...

That is wonderful news! Praying that everything goes well for you at the transfer. :)

Life Happens said...

Yay! What great news! I will be praying for you and those embryos. Good luck with the transfer tomorrow!!

Kakunaa said...

Fantastic news! I am thinking sticky thoughts for you!

strongblonde said...

yea! this is awesome news :)

Ami said...

Whew! That is wonderful news!

Jem said...

Wow, that IS good news!

Jenny H said...

Praise God! Praying for you and your two embies!!!

lifebytheday said...

What GREAT news! I'll be keeping my fingers crossed :-)

Anonymous said...

Wow! God is good...

andreajennine said...

Hallelujah! Praying for your two embryos and hoping that Brandt has a fellow "frozen egg baby" (or two!) friend soon.

Betty Rubble said...

Wonderful news! Now sending up different prayers!

Rachel said...

Such good news!

Missy said...

Fantastic!

Jessica said...

Wonderful news! Praying for you and your babies!

Lindsey Is Waiting said...

Praise God! That is awesome!

PFM said...

Such great news. It's nice to read positive things.

kdactyl said...

This is soooo awesome! I will be praying they look good tomorrow and that both are ready for transfer...yay!

Kelli said...

Amen!! That is spectacular news and I am so excited for you!!! xoxo

Sarah said...

Woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kate said...

Fantastic!!

Mrs. Hammer said...

Whoo Hooo! Great news!! I am soo impressed. I hope this means good news for healthy eggs now we need healthy sperm!!!

P.S. my word verification for this comment is "Pregr"...just saying...

One Who Understands said...

Great news! What a wonderful blessing. Praying for you today.

Rachel DeBell said...

YEAH!! Sorry I don't comment that often these days, but I have been faithfully stalking your blog and praying for you!

Melody said...

Praying for this transfer!