Monday, July 26, 2010

5dp3dt: Laughter

First of all, thank you for your thoughtful, sweet, and sincere comments to my last post about this blogging community. I loved reading each one, and felt so encouraged by your support and understanding.

***

This weekend my brother came to visit, and I laughed hard. A lot. My DH makes me laugh so much as it is, but then to throw my brother into the mix...wow.

Is it crazy to admit that I often wondered if I was hurting the embryos by laughing so hard? Or by sitting up weirdly? Or lifting a gallon of milk, for that matter? Yes, I think I am getting crazier with each treatment cycle.

But it was so lovely to laugh.

Otherwise, I'm feeling my usual "symptoms" at this stage. I love my sore br.easts - even though I get them every cycle (and every cycle has been a BFN), they make me feel like something *could* be happening. Same thing goes for some mild abdominal cramping.

This morning I was really hungry when I woke up (which is not uncommon for me), but I felt the teeniest, tiniest bit of nausea accompany the hunger. Seriously, I KNOW better than to read into this, but for the first time this cycle I started day dreaming about this cycle ending in a BFP. Telling DH, getting the beta call, taking pictures of the HPTs, posting them here for you all, calling our families...*sigh.*

Usually my PIO sore br.easts go away around 6 or 7dp3dt....along with my other "symptoms." And last cycle, my progesterone came in low at 7dp3dt which matched the disappearance of symptoms. It's also when my hopes came crashing down. So I'm a little nervous about the next few days ahead...

17 comments:

Jem said...

Laughter is the best thing for you and the embryos! So is being surrounded by people you love.

Wishing you the best outcome possible!

cowgirltn said...

Your halfway to testing stay positive and keep laughing.

I'll start cheering for a BFP.

Amber said...

Maybe this is the month. I will have back to back IUI's this week and I feel good about them. Maybe this will be the month for both of us. Praying for both of us. Stay positive.

Mellow said...

Oh what our minds do to us as we endure cycle after cycle. Laughter is probably very good thing during a time of great stress. :) I read your last post and didn't have a chance to comment, but, you are right, without this community of those who understand and lift us up when we feel down, we would not be as blessed as we are right now, no matter our circumstances. Cheering you on this cycle and hoping you finally get your BFP. Keep on laughing.

A said...

You know, Sarah laughed.... ;-)

Betty Rubble said...

Keep up the faith! Not to blow smoke but I was so certain I wasn't pregnant with Bam-Bam that I ordered my meds for the next cycle...you never know what could be going on in there!

Hugs.

Anonymous said...

I have a good feeling about this cycle for you. Good luck!

jlynn said...

Praying the smiles and laughter are here to stay!

Thinking of you :)

Kakunaa said...

Maybe laughter is the key to a BFP! Fingers are crossed :)

Rambler said...

Your body and soul laughed. And those carefree moments are precious. I hope that light feeling travels to your embabies and theres a positive result coming soon.

Kelli said...

Keep smiling!! Don't be afraid to hope and allow your mind to be filled with those positive thoughts. Our God is a God of miracles...and He ultimately has the best plan for you - so a little hope can't hurt!

xoxo

lifebytheday said...

I'm so hopeful that this is the cycle for you...I just need SOMEONE to have a little luck! :-)

I've been thinking of you and sending you positive vibes every day...even though I've been a terrible commenter.

Hugs,
Jeannine

Shanny said...

Keep the laughing going! I'm praying this is it for you guys!

kdactyl said...

There is no harm that comes from hope! So just go with it! We both know the plan was already put in place eons ago....no need to spend this time in worry...spend it in hope! (I know..easier said than done...I have been here soooo many times)....but just try...it makes all the difference...and laughter is sooo good for mind and body...do it more...it won't hurt the baby/ies.

Hugs,
kd

addingtothepack said...

I am so glad that you had a good weekend with your brother. My sister can make me laugh harder than anyone else I know. It is fabulous medicine...and of course if this is your cycle its important to start developing the baby(ies) sense of humor early! No harm done!

AplusB said...

Hoping for good news from you in a few days!

Mrs. Lydon said...

I feel the same way. All the time, I am hoping for a BFP for you and me both!!!