- I bought us tickets to see a concert at the Hol.lywood B.owl in September. It's nothing big, but it's also something we don't typically do. Especially because I always end up with the thought, "We shouldn't do that because what if we are in the middle of a cycle then? Or, even better, what if I am really sick in the first trimester?" No more. We are going to a concert!
- My skin has gotten kind of terrible. Hormones? I have no idea, but I have always had pretty normal and ok skin that didn't break out. But now it's red and blotchy. I got some new skin products and make-up and have been enjoying trying them out.
- Youth ministry is on "summer break" which I always really like. We still meet weekly for youth group and other activities, but I am not "in charge" and don't have to plan a weekly Bible study for my group. I look forward to spending time with my girls in a more casual way and having less responsibility for a few months.
- I'm reading the Twilight series. I honestly didn't like the first one until the action happened at the end, but it's fun and an easy read. Plus my youth group girls like to talk about it. :) I also got two other books in queue for after this series is finished that I am excited to get to.
- We're talking about taking a 'big trip' in the fall. We've never done a 'big trip' with just the two of us, and it would be to celebrate our 5th anniversary this year. We're thinking maybe the UK? We'll see if we have the money to go, but it's fun to have the possibility out there...
- I started acupuncture yesterday. I really liked the acupuncturist and did find it relaxing, so I am glad that has started. She specializes in reproductive acupuncture which is what I was looking for, and is very familiar with ART. However, telling her our infertility history left me extra sad (which I know I already am these days....), and then when she told me all of the things I shouldn't eat I got even sadder (namely coffee, wine, and ice cold water). Silly, I know, but I am feeling like a big baby about not having these things. I always give up coffee and wine while cycling, but to have to do it indefinitely...?! Do you follow their dietary recommendations? Anyway, I left feeling sad but am honestly looking forward to doing this and hope it will at least help all my crazy spotting issues.
- Um, sorry, I know this is supposed to be a happy list....
- We have had/ are having 3 different friends visit and stay with us. So much fun and the good kind of exhausting to host them. Currently my best friend from high school is staying with us with her two daughters (ages 3 & 5). Sorry I am getting behind on commenting - life has just been crazy lately, but this coming weekend will be really mellow.
Tuesday, June 1, 2010
Happier, more light-hearted changes
After the BFN: