Monday, June 7, 2010

Busy but achey

Life has been busy, full, and enjoyable. Over the last 10 days we had 3 different sets of house guests, many great conversations and meals, and even some adventure with a trip to the ER and no sleep thrown in there (don't worry - it was my friend - and she's fine). We finally have our house cleaned and restored to its usual order, and have caught our breath and almost caught up on sleep.

And I have been happy and {almost} carefree. Spending days on end with so many friends like only a childless couple could do, we have had moments where we have felt content in the life God has given to us. The busyness of our days filled my mind and {almost} pushed out the heart ache of infertility.

But in the quiet after all the activity, the heart ache crept back in. I don't really think it disappeared....it just got pushed the the side. But I was thankful for the respite, and the blessing that is our life in so many ways.

And I have felt so disconnected from all of you! I miss you! I'm sorry I've been a terrible commenter and email responder lately. But I'm back and will try to catch up on my Google Reader. If I can tear myself away from the Twilight series, at least. :)

13 comments:

Mellow said...

It's nice to have some distraction sometimes. It's good to have the break, but I so understand how with the quiet the heartache can seem so hard. Praying for you.

Ami said...

Welcome back...You've been missed! .Glad you had a good few weeks. Still thinking of you guys. :)

Betty Rubble said...

Hillary, you caused a blood pressure spike there for a moment :) Glad to hear you AND your friend are ok.

Hugs.

Rach said...

A little distraction always helps so much, at least for me. Glad you are back!!

Leah said...

Good luck tearing yourself away from the Twilight series. I became obsessed with those books. Hee hee. :)

I'm happy for the blessings in your life, and that you have moments where your circumstances don't eat at you. This is so important, and will help you be stronger for that next round.

jeanna said...

Twilight is a great distraction! It is good to hear you have been surrounded by friends and keeping busy. I feel that God gives us these busy days to help us bear our load. God gave us our new house and renovation at the perfect time when I needed to put my frustration into scraping/sanding/painting and then at the end we could step back and see the beautiful work we had accomplished. I think this is what God does with us and even though when we are going through it, it hurts, but the end result is beautiful.

Jennifer said...

Distractions are good! You'll have a great one with the Twighlight series. Of course if you read the books as fast as I did it won't be too long of one. I felt sad when I was done reading them. It's almost like I was missing a friend. Enjoy the books!!

Melis.sa said...

I'm glad you had such lovely distractions over the past week and a half. :)

Andrea said...

I love it when I am all distracted and in my element...and the mind is not flooded with infertile thoughts. So happy you had a nice time :)

Here's to more distraction!

HUGS and prayers always.

APlusB said...

I'm glad to read that you've had some nice distractions. Some days, especially when I'm busy doing things we like to do, I think *this is ok. I could stay like this forever* but then I get sad again that my life feels unfulfilled somehow. I guess it's just part of the IF rollercoaster. The ebbs and flows.
Anyway, we missed you and welcome back :)

Hannah said...

Glad you've been busy, take care!
Hugs!

A said...

I have been away from my blog/commenting for more than a few days, too. Doesn't mean I'm not praying for you, though! Hang in there-

stillwaitingformysunshine said...

glad you had so much friend time! and don't worry about going missing for awhile - i just did too...now I'm back and catching up too. missed you!

21reena