Thursday, May 6, 2010

Monitoring #4: Triggering tonight!

We made it!! I'm triggering tonight at 9:00pm, and the egg retrieval will be at 8:00am on Saturday morning. Yay!

My RE is coming in on Saturday just to do my ER. I think they normally try to do this for their patients as long as they are not on vacation, but I still thought this was so sweet! As he was leaving the office today he was really kind to me and hopeful about our cycle. He said, "On Saturday we'll see how many eggs we'll get. We'll fertilize 3 like last time and hope to get 1-2 good embryos to transfer. We'll talk about freezing the rest of the eggs." He said this in such a way that I just felt so endeared to him, and that he does have our best interests in mind - I was touched.

I also got excited about the possibility of egg freezing again....I know, I am so wishy-washy! I feel really good about our decision to NOT freeze eggs at the start of the cycle, because we didn't spend any money to attempt to get 'extra' eggs. But now that I have a nice little bunch growing - I don't want any to go to waste! And I feel good about this bunch of eggs. :)

It wouldn't cost us anything extra for 1 year. DH & I had a long talk about it tonight and we are leaning towards freezing the eggs. It just seems like it will be no cost to us now to keep one possibility open, and we can decide whether or not we will use it later. DH is more hesitant than I am, mostly because he feels like doing 3 IVF cycles was where we drew the line. The plan is that if we are not pregnant after 3 cycles, we would stop treatments. But if we freeze eggs, he is nervous it could extend our trying...and we would spend more money....and that there will always be 'something' we can try. I understand his thinking, and I do know that if we finish 3 IVF cycles with no baby at the end, I would want to use our frozen eggs. So he's right. :) BUT my real hope is that I will be pregnant at the end of this month, and that those eggs will help us conceive baby #2!! Ha - how optimistic is that! We're going to continue praying about it until Saturday, and also talk to DH's parents to get their perspective on it.

Sorry that got so long...bottom line is I'm continuing to feel really good and thanking God for bringing us this far! ER, here we come!

14 comments:

Barb said...

Everything sounds great! I'm praying that this is IT! Sending lots of good vibes your way!
~Babsie

Bethany said...

I'm hoping for the best for you.. I'm sending some prayers and thoughts your way because i want to finally see the post that says "i'm pregnant!"

Just Believing said...

how exciting ive been following up to this far havent commented yet but so excited for you!!!!!!!!!!

Kelli said...

Hil, I am beyond ecstatic for you!! Praying and waiting to hear good news! xoxo

Leah said...

Thinking of you tonight as you trigger! So exciting! :)

Amanda said...

This cycle has looked so great so far, I hope it continues to be! I like that you might have some freeze worthy eggs too!

Rach said...

Praying for you!

jeanna said...

I am just so excited for you!

Tabitha said...

So exciting!!

Ashley said...

Very exciting!! Sending prayers your way for a great retrieval!!

Jenny H said...

Praying for you tonight and tomorrow! Continue to rest in your optimism!

A said...

Will be praying for you on this trigger day! I so hope God is going to bless us both this time!!

Kakunaa said...

I hope your ER goes well tomorrow!!! Good luck!

Rosie said...

Great news! So happy to hear that you are happy and hopeful. Keep the updates coming...I'll be praying for you guys. Best of luck!