Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Monitoring #3 - Quick update :)

I am so very thankful for how smoothly and easily this cycle has gone so far - it feels very different than IVF #1. I am not a basket case. I am happy. I am excited. I am hopeful.

Today I had the following follicles: 20mm, 19mm, 18mm (x2), 17mm, 16mm, 13mm, and 11mm. It looks to me like 6 should be mature! My lining was triple layered and 11mm...it only got to 9mm last time (which is still perfectly fine), but it's exciting that it's more this time!

Everyone seems pleased. I should be triggering tomorrow night, but will find out for sure at my appointment tomorrow. Almost there!

Thank you so much for all of your well wishes and prayers. I can't believe I started this cycle only a week ago....and here I am. Knowing all of you were behind me helped me to move forward at a point when it felt difficult to try again. But I am so thankful I am in the midst of round two.

xxoo

17 comments:

Adam and Julia said...

yeah! i am so glad things are progressing so far. I sounds like ll things are a go! fingers crossed!! you are so strong and hopeful. that is nice to hear!

A said...

Wow, looking good!! Praying God will allow us to be pg buddies!

Missy said...

This is really good news. And even better news that you are feeling hopeful and positive.

Leah said...

I'm so happy that this cycle is going more smoothly. Your follicles are growing like crazy! That's awesome. :)

Mrs. Hammer said...

Ahhh! I am soooo excited for you :) And hopeful as well that the first half of your bio baby is being formed right now!

Oh and not that I'm superstitious or really believe in signs but my word verification is: mominar :)

Life Happens said...

Yay! I'm so glad things are progressing along and you are happy and excited. Sending you lots of prayers!!

Rebekah said...

Stay hopeful--things are looking beautiful!!

jeanna said...

wow time flies, it feels like you were just in your IVF #1, I am staying hopeful for you and of course sending those prayers upward. I think of you often even though we've never met.

Anonymous said...

Hurray, this cycle is moving so smoothly...I have been following your blog for awhile now and I just had a quick thought for you. I am both a fellow believer and IVF veteran (4 fresh cycles under my belt)...I totally understand and respect your belief on limited fertilization...my suggestion was to maybe ask your RE for a 5 day transfer and fertilize all 6 (if they are mature). That way you maximize your chances by transferring the embryos that are still plugging along on day 5-which is usually between 30-50%. Just a thought! Keeping you in my prayers.
Jer 29:11

Rach said...

Great update! Wow, time is really going by fast!! Good luck tomorrow.

snhg1129 said...

This is awesome news! Congrats and good luck!

strongblonde said...

this is so great :)

fwiw: i felt totally different my second cycle, too :)

xx

kdactyl said...

So very excited for you Hillary! I have good feelings for this cycle! Yay.

kd

suchagoodegg said...

You are doing awesome!!! Hang in there just a little longer; you can do this. Everything is aligning and I am so happy for you!!!

Melis.sa said...

That is such great news!!! SIX!! and your lining!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Melissa G said...

Gosh it's gone so quick, I can't believe it! And 11mm lining is FANTASTIC!!!

Good luck with your trigger - can't wait to hear the details!

sara said...

WOW! Sounds like everything is progressing wonderfully!! Your *follicles* are doing very well;) Staying hopeful with you my friend!! Praying for a miracle baby this time around.