Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Home from Embryo Transfer :)

It is so nerve-wracking walking into the office not knowing if either of the embryos are still dividing, and what state they are in. Last cycle I was so unsure we would have any that were even still growing since we only had one fertilize normally, and by the time I knew we had at least one I somewhat assumed it was low quality. I was shocked when we had an 8-cell grade A embryo for IVF #1.

Now for this IVF, I had that expectation of having an 8-cell from last time that I was nervous I was setting myself up for disappointment. I reminded myself that many people get pregnant with less than 8-cell embryos, that God is in control, and that I would be thankful for whatever he gave me.

The embryologist walked in, and I saw the pictures in his hand. One of them looked more like a blob than an 8-cell, so my heart sank a little and I figured it must be low-quality. However, he said that was a really nice looking embryo that had advanced to the compacting morula stage already!! Oh my gosh!!

Our morula, graded A/A-:



He then showed us our second embryo, which is an 8-cell! We are so blessed, I can't even believe it! This one does have some fragmentation, so it is not graded quite as high, but even if this is all we had I would have still felt so happy and blessed.

Our 8-cell, graded B:



I was also amazed at how perfectly smoothly the transfer went. Last time it went well, too, but this time it was incredibly quick and I hardly felt a thing. I also did not over fill my bladder like last time, so I was much more comfortable. The Valium really kicked in this time (I hardly felt any different with it last transfer), so I was super relaxed and actually fell asleep during the time they had me lay on the table after the transfer. DH held my hand the whole time and kissed my face.

I can't believe how blessed I am. I can't believe how hopeful I am. I am thanking God and praying he would continue to grow these two beautiful, precious embryos!

39 comments:

Amanda said...

Yay! Think beautiful TWIN thoughts for you!

babyattheend said...

Congratulations! They look beautiful, or at least I think they do... I'm sure you do too! :D Take it easy!

Ernie said...

Congrats! I hope the two beautiful embryos are a sign of things to come!

kdactyl said...

Hillary...on our transfer with our son...we didn't have any embryos over 8 cells! and we have a vibrant 2 year old!!!! So...I have super high hopes for this. Enjoy your two days of rest. My RE advises eating a lower carb diet during the first several days after transfer. It helps keep your insulin regulated which keeps your hormones balanced.

Anyway...so excited and William and I have been including you and your embryos in our prayers everynight.

kd

Tabitha said...

I'm so incredibly excited to see what God does with those precious embryos! Amazing!

Rach said...

How wonderful! I'm so excited for you. We'll be back from vacation on the 21st. Hope you get results by then!!

AplusB said...

Congrats on two beautiful embryos. Hope you get amazing news on May 24. So excited for you :)

One Who Understands said...

Beautiful embies! Now settle in little ones.

Eileen said...

YAY! What gorgeous embryos you have! Can't wait to hear your fabulous beta news in a couple weeks!

Vi said...

Yay- go embryos, go! Take it easy:) Keeping you in my prayers...

Grace said...

That is amazing news! So happy for you..will be praying they continue to grow and snuggle in to their mum!

Missy said...

Hooray! I hope this is a good sign all around for you!

Adrianne said...

Yay! Super Excited for you!!

A said...

I am in awe of the perfect-ness of your embies- hope they find a cozy place to stay for a 9 months!

Rambler said...

PUPO, PUPO!! I like saying that, it sounds all warm and fuzzy like "puppy" or something.

Congrats on a great turnout and an easy transfer. Keep the faith, hang onto hope and I hope you triumph in the end.

Now for rest and an easy week off work!! :)

Heather said...

Congratulations!! What a great transfer - God is so good!! Praying for you, and enjoy being PUPO....live up your princess status!! Hugs, sweetie!

Andrea said...

Sending love and prayers your way...

I have great FAITH in your future and the future of those growing, thriving little embies!

May GOD continue to richly bless you and your Hubby.

xoxo

sara said...

Such great news!! So glad it went well and you have two embryos resting inside you!! Praying for these sweet embryos to keep growing and for you to be blessed with hope and peace this week!!

Ashley said...

Great news!! Fingers crossed for you!

Melody said...

Congratulations! I'm so excited for you guys and am praying.

Kakunaa said...

Fantastic news!!! Those are some beautiful embies. Sticky thoughts are on the way to you!

jeanna said...

Wow they are beautiful! I really mean this, how amazing that God gave doctors the brains to figure out how to do this, to put together cells that God breaths life into. Praying for sticky ness and 9 months of joy.

Tammy said...

I found your blog about a week ago and have been reading your posts. I'm about to start my first IVF cycle.

I am so very happy that you were blessed with 2 beautiful embryos. I hope that you get great news on the 24th.

Pregnant Yuppy said...

We transferred 3 poorly graded embryos and 1 stuck. I hope that at least one of yours settles in for 9 months!

Melis.sa said...

They look fantastic!!! Bring on the BFP!!!

Mrs. Hammer said...

YEAH!!! for great news :0) Now rest up so those embies can snuggle in.

Kate said...

Thinking good thoughts for you. Congrats on such beautiful embies and a smooth transfer!

Leah said...

Those are wonderful looking embryos Hillary! YAY! It must be such a relief to have your little babies safely tucked inside of you. I wish you so much peace and calmness these next two weeks. I'll be thinking of you.

gringa78 said...

Beautiful embies!!! Fingers and toes crossed for you!!

Keiko said...

I'm so glad the transfer went well. How sweet the part about your husband kissing your face. I hope recovery is easy and those embryos keep on growin!

Courtney said...

That's awesome! Snuggle in little embryos!

Anonymous said...

You really dont know me.. But I wanted to tell you that you are in my prayers!!!

Jenny H said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jenny H said...

Oh I am sure it was love at first site! Praying for your embies to snuggle up tight, perfect implantation and growth.

Shanny said...

Oh, this is wonderful news, I'm praying for you!!!

Unwavering Hope said...

I will keep you in my prayers! Keep the faith! ((hugs))

Amber said...

so excited for you I hope it all works out!

Elle said...

Such beautiful little miracles! I feel like I'm going to cry! Good luck! :)

Rebekah said...

Oh my goodness, I am so excited and hopeful for you!!!

I tagged you on my blog :) http://to-infertility-and-beyond.blogspot.com/2010/05/picture-tag.html