Sunday, May 9, 2010

Fert report!

DH & I were talking this morning and decided there are 4 huge milestones in an IVF cycle:

1. Make it to ER and retrieve some eggs - check!
2. The eggs fertilize - check! :)
3. The embryos grow and make it to ET - pending
4. A BFP at the end - pending

We are feeling so thankful that we have made it through two of the milestones and now have TWO embryos growing!! Thank you Lord!

Of the 15 eggs retrieved, 9 were mature. They froze 6 eggs.

They ICSI'd 3 eggs, and 2 of those eggs fertilized normally!! This is a little better than last time because we had only one fertilize normally (2pn) and one "maybe" (1pn) in IVF #1. So we are so thankful for our two normally fertilized embryos and pray they continue to grow!

Thank you all for your prayers - keep them coming! :) We think we will be doing a 3-day transfer on Tuesday.

19 comments:

A said...

Wow, that is excellent! Congrats!

Rach said...

Great news!! So happy for you.

Grace said...

Great news...will be praying that they continue to grow strong!

Michele said...

Things are looking so good!!! Thinking many postive thoughts for you!

Andrea said...

Super Fantastic & I will continue to pray for you :)

Andrea said...

PS Have I ever told you how much HOPE you give me? I'm currently in the hurry up and wait phase to see an RE (have been waiting 3 months) after being diagnosed with an FSH of 10.3, grrr, FSH! Anyway, you give me HOPE and I wanted to say thank you for being so open and honest...always :)

xo

Rachel said...

Great news!

Kakunaa said...

Fantastic news for Mother's Day. Congratulations!

Just Believing said...

yeah this is great news what a great way to celebrate mother's day!!!

Betty Rubble said...

What a great gift on Mother's Day!

Anonymous said...

Yay! Still praying hard!

Missy said...

Good news! You are halfway there now.

Leah said...

Wonderful news Hillary!!! Praying for you and that those embryos continue to grow and that on Tuesday, you'll have tow beautiful embryos to put in you. :)

kdactyl said...

OH Hillary...this cycle is going beautifully. I'm so excited to hear how your embryos are growing. Congrats on the great response and good fert report! Yay! I'll be praying for a great transfer and sticky embryos! Yippee!~

kd

Krissi said...

That's awesome news!! Here's hoping and praying! I went through 6 IVF cycles (3 fresh & 3 frozen) and now I blog to help others. I just added your link!

Michelle said...

Hey stranger!! Such good news, I'll be praying for you tomorrow! Good luck!!!
xoxoxoxoxo
Love ya~Michelle

Elle said...

Wowwwwwowowow!!!!
I feel soooo good about this, I think it's really going to be your cycle!

Mrs. Hammer said...

What wonderful news!!! I'll keep your two embies in my prayers :)

One Who Understands said...

What an amazing cycle!! I think this is all a really good sign!!