Saturday, May 8, 2010

Egg retrieval today: Holy Moly!

You are not going to believe this... we got fifteen eggs. That's right - fifteen. One-five. 15. I'm in shock and I have no idea where they all came from. I know they won't all be mature, but it is still a lot. I took LESS medicine this time than last.

It almost seemed like a crazy waste for somebody only fertilizing 3 eggs. But I am thanking God for these eggs!!

Ironically, after many conversations about egg freezing, we had once again decided to NOT freeze. But when I woke up from the anaesthesia, found out about all these eggs, and looked at DH I said, "We can't let all those eggs go to waste." Maybe he just felt sorry for me in my drugged up, pitiful state, but he agreed. So we're fertilizing 3 and freezing the rest that are mature.

The RE said some things that made us feel like he thought this batch of eggs was better. Maybe we were just reading too much into these relatively basic comments, but DH thought the same thing. He even thought it would be more likely that we could do a 5 day transfer. If only 1-2 fertilize we would do a 3 day again, but if all 3 fertilize we might do a 5 day transfer.

I am feeling much more sore this time, so I just took some Tylenol and am sitting here with a heating pad - neither of which were necessary last time. Probably because there were more eggs?

I'm feeling hopeful, nervous, and excited about our fert report tomorrow. Thank you for all your prayers and support! DH & I are praying like crazy!

26 comments:

A said...

WOW- I am so impressed! Take it easy today- great job making those eggs!

Kakunaa said...

Three cheers for your ovaries!!!! Looking forward to your fert report :)

J said...

Your ovaries did a great job!!! :)

Mellow said...

Nice to hear some good news...I hope it continues for you. :)

Rachel said...

15??? That's great!

Melissa G said...

Wow 15! Sending lots of thoughts and prayers for a great fert report!

Hugs!!!

Jenny H said...

Awesome and impressive. Take it easy girlie! He is taking care of the rest!.. In my prayers!

By Grace said...

That's a huge crop of eggs you have there!

I'm glad you decided to freeze..my thoughts are with you and i am hoping and praying for you...

I did write something little for you on my blog...xxxx

Rach said...

That's so awesome. Praying all 3 fertilize!

Leah said...

Wowser!!! You got A TON of eggs! Isn't it wonderful when our bodies respond? SO VERY HAPPY FOR YOU!. :)

Amanda said...

That's crazy great! I think 15 might have been a sign that freezing was the way to go!

Waiting said...

Wow! 15! That is incredible! Praise God!

Lindsley Rinard said...

Hi! I guess we don't know each other, but let me tell you there is a big market for eggs in the highly populated areas, maybe everywhere. Dr. Robin Cook wrote a novel about this, very exciting and suspenseful, but I can't recall the exact title and the list of his titles doesn't alert ne to the one. Big money is paid for these eggs. You want to be sure to know what is done with all 15 of yours. Sell if you like, but you should not allow anyone else to sell them. Good wishes to you.

MOBE said...

YIPPEEEE Congrats!!!! That is AWESOME

Rambler said...

That is impressive and amazing! It's so obvious that you are being cradled in God's hands as you walk this second IVF.

Your retreival gives me a slight hope (trying to keep it real, but hey, maybe there'll be more at my ER too!).

Wishing you lots of love and wishes.

gringa78 said...

15 eggs!!!!!! Whoo-hoo!!!! So glad you decided to freeze the rest! Best of luck, hun! I'm thinking of you.

Pregnant Yuppy said...

I hope that all 3 fertilize for you and that you will be able to use your frozen eggs in the future. I hope that you are feeling better soon. Give yourself lots of rest. You deserve it.

Ashley said...

That's a great number!! Yay!!

Bethany said...

yay yay yay!! I'm hoping for more good news soon =)

sara said...

15?!?!?! Oh MY GOODNESS! I knew your numbers looked good ;) but 15?? WOW! Amazing!! That in and of itself is a huge blessing!! Still praying for a sweet miracle for you and the DH.

Michele said...

SO GLAD TO HEAR!!! Good luck with the transfer!!

Kate said...

WOW! Thinking of you! Praying for you!

AplusB said...

Amazing news!!! I am so excited for you!

Andrea said...

Coincidence? No, I don't think so :) "His" hand is in everything. So happy you have decided to freeze embies and praying for upcoming transfer.

xoxo

Momo said...

Hi Hillary,

Wishing you well and hoping that this cycle turns out to be THE CYCLE.

Sending lots of baby dust and prayers!!

Elle said...

Wow I'm so happy for you guys! I am confident that this is going to work for you this time. And I would have totally felt the same way about the freezing! Lots of good thoughts your way.