Tuesday, May 18, 2010

7dp3dt: low progesterone

First of all, thank you SO MUCH for all of your encouraging comments, prayers, and Bible verses you shared with me. I felt so uplifted and don't know if I could have made it through these last 24 hours without you all. Yesterday I just felt such a heavy burden take over my heart....and the weight has lifted some. It is still there, but the load is lighter as I continually seek to give it to God and am lifted up by all of you. So, again, thank you.

I had progesterone/ estrogen bloodwork today and my progesterone came in "low," although it was just a voicemail so I don't know the exact number. They are increasing my PIO dose from 1m/L to 1.5 m/L.

I have had progesterone issues in the past, but for IVF #1 I had the bloodwork done at 4dp3dt and it came back fine.

This definitely felt like another blow today. I just feel like the cycle is already over...and these next 6 days are going to go by so very slowly. I have read enough online about progesterone to know that it can fluctuate, levels do not indicate whether or not there is a pregnancy, etc...but it is still scary that it was low. And maybe the drop in progesterone corresponded with the complete disappearance of what few 'symptoms' I had. I have had zero today...no sore bre.asts, no cramps or twinges in the uterus, and normal energy levels. I feel 100% normal.

Anybody have low p4 during an IVF cycle? Any success stories?

17 comments:

The Swann's said...

Non IVF cycle but my 17dpo P4 levels came back on the low end of normal... Although I was pretty much on the verge of begging for progesterone supplements I was given none and thank God all has worked out just fine! Praying, praying, praying!!!!!

A said...

My progesterone was fine this cycle, but I know from previous cycles what a blow it is to have low levels. I know how it feels to get that low level and feel like, what is the point of waiting for a new cycle? I am praying for you, that God would give you peace about how He is working in your life right now (HUG)

Adrianne said...

Yes, I had low progesterone with my last cycle and am now pregnant with twins!! I had to supplement my PIO injections with progesterone suppositories. Know I am still praying for you and thinking about you.xoxo

Michele said...

Don't let it get you down! I TOO had low progesterone with this FET and we are pregnant. There is still hope and I hope you keep the faith!

Amber said...

Stupid progesterone can really scare a girl, can't it? Mine dropped by 10 points at the beginning of my pregnancy and yet, I did fine. Scared me to death, but my baby made it. Also, my pregnancy symptoms were really inconsistent (sometimes non-existent) until about 10 weeks. Hang in there!

Just Believing said...

Hang in there girl! Stay faithful and positive you are so inspiring thank you for sharing your journey so much!!!

Rambler said...

Don't have anything specific to offer as sugggestions, but realized after reading this entry that I don't have any sceduled checks on p4 or e2 now that we are heading home. Thanks for brining it up and foremost so I know to ask my nurse.

I am holding onto hope for you! Don't fret over the symptoms, as you've read from everyone, it's so different from person to person and pregnancy and pregnancy.

God willing we both will have positive news to share just days apart.

Much hugs and love.

Grace said...

It's normal to be scared, but I'll say this...Hilary, we walk by faith and not what we see..that's what the bible says right? Thinking of you!

Betty Rubble said...

I can't help here, but am praying for you!

Leah said...

Sorry about the low progesterone, but I still have so much hope for you and this cycle. When an embryo implants, it takes a while for that itty bitty baby to start producing this hormone. So, the fact that it's low does not mean that you don't have a little baby growing in you.

Thinking of you.

Kate said...

Hang in! Thinking of you! I'm still hopeful for this cycle.

AplusB said...

I don't have any advice, as I haven't gone through IVF, but just wanted you to know I am thinking of you and hoping for the best!

Erin said...

Stay hopeful!! I haven't gotten to that point in my IVF yet but I also struggle with low progesterone. I have read of women who had low results and went on to have successful pregnancies!! Good Luck. I am sending prayers for you.

kdactyl said...

My Dr. doesn't even do progesterone and e2 blood checks...EVER!!! So obviously it isn't super duper imperative. I think RE's use it more for insurance than anything else...

And I had days and days where I felt NOTHING at all and was convinced the cycle was a bust...and then...BFP. Keep the hope...I'm praying with you!

kd

jones said...

blasted progesterone! I'm so glad there are lots of success stories posted here!! fingers and toes are crossed.

stillwaitingformysunshine said...

I don't know much about progesterone - sorry. I just continue to pray for you - for a positive beta and for you to be happy and well!!!! xo

21reena

Kacey said...

My friend had low progesterone on her cd 21 bloodiest (it was a 6) it was an iui cycle and she was pregnant and had a healthy baby girl!